Chapter 36

Y/N's P.O.V

I stand there watching as Shayne stands there frowning, not saying anything. I can already tell this is bad, I feel my heart break. It was different from all the other times, worse.

I guess a part of me always knew that even if I messed up, Shayne and I would still always have a thing? I don't even know if I could call it a thing, maybe love, I mean I did, and I still do love Shayne but is Love meant to be this confusing and this painful.

He stands there, doing nothing, it makes me mad, so I also don't say anything. We stand there speechless before Shayne mumbles a 'sorry' and leaves. I don't cry, I don't do anything except grab a cookie off the table and sit in my fort. Well isn't this just depressing?

I nearly forget that I was recording the whole thing and go and turn my camera off, I'm about to erase what I had just filmed but decide not to. I laugh at my past self being so optimistic, that I had the courage to film this. I mean how didn't I know this wasn't going to work, it never does.

Shayne's P.O.V

I rush to find well anything, I don't understand why everything I do feels so bad. Yes, I know how badly I must've just hurt Y/N but like I said before it was the right decision, but now I feel worse. I wish I could just go back in time and change everything, but I can't.

I go back to my room, it was the only place that I could be alone, everyone else was either in the hot tub or in front of the campfire. I make sure neither Keith or Wes see me as I sneak into the cabin.

I lie down on my bed and sigh; this holiday was meant to be my way to clear everything between Y/N and me and now I'm more confused than ever. I start to rethink every single moment I have had over the past year, everything with Ally and Everything with Y/N.

Damien bursts through the door and I jump scared by him, I wasn't surprised as we were sharing the room together, but I actually really needed him right now. He looks over me frowning, he knew a little about what has been happening, so he already knows what has me down.

"Hey man" he says, stopping what he had come in the room to do and sitting on the bed opposite to mine. "Hey" I get out and groan and he frowns, "What happened?" he asks concern in his voice.

"I don't know what to do" I say being honest, I was completely confused. "About Y/N?" he asks, and he already knows the answer as he doesn't look surprised when I nod my head, he sighs and finally says "You love her right?" he asks, and I gulp.

"Well yeah" I admit, and he chuckles "Then why are you alone in our room" he says and I frown at him "I can't hurt her again" I confess and he stares at me "Aren't you hurting her by not giving her a chance?" he says and I agree I was obviously hurting her but it was different.

It was like Damien could read my mind when he says "It's not different" and I groan lying back into my pillow "It's complicated" I admit and he chuckles again "It's love, it's not meant to be easy" and I look over at him before he says "Please Shayne go and admit your feelings, confess your love, do anything because I've never ever seen you pine over a girl before and it's kind of scary" he jokes and I laugh.

It was true I can whole heartily admit I have never felt this way about a girl before and that's when it hit me. What the fuck was I doing?

I think everything that had happened over the past year was helping me figure out my true feelings for Y/N, I couldn't give up on us now. Especially without even actually giving this a try.

Y/N's P.O.V

I actually start to feel a little better after 5 cookies and sigh in relief at least now I can finally start to get over Shayne. I pack up the fort and put them back into the van as I see most of the crew are now in the hot tub and I decide why not join them?

I also decide just to ignore Wes and Keith if they ask about Shayne and thankfully they were both still at the camp fire. I go into our room, passing Shayne's one hearing Damien speaking. I ignore it, I ignore my feeling to listen in because I have to get over Shayne.

I look in my suitcase, cringing as I pull out my neatly folded clothes, pulling out a white bikini and quickly putting my dressing gown over the top as I start to feel Goosebumps form on my skin.

I head back past Shayne's room this time the doors open, and Damien is sitting there looking through his suit case, he looks up surprised and then smiles at me, God did Shayne tell him about what happened?

I swiftly walk away, embarrassed by Damien possibly knowing about my rejection but I try to ignore that feeling heading straight to the hot tub.

I finally get there, and it looks so warm, Olivia, Courtney, Noah and David are in there and I see Wes notice me so I quickly take my robe off and get in. The warm water feels so amazing, especially with the freezing wind hitting my face.

I relax, almost forgetting what had happened, almost forgetting about Shayne. "So, are you and Shayne dating or something?" David says and Olivia wacks his arm while everyone look shocked, All the relaxation I had felt minutes before melts away as I look at everyone.

"No!" I say sharply and David chuckles "Shayne really likes you" he says, and I cringe internally as Courtney gives me a hopeful smile "Not trying to be rude, but he really does" she adds and I cringe again. I came here to forget about Shayne, look how good that was turning out.

Before I can say anything, I see everyone's gaze look behind me, so I follow them and to my surprise there he was, Shayne, standing on the porch with our fake prop flowers from the set. My heart drops and I don't know how to feel so I move to the other side of the hot tub so he wasn't so close to me.

"Y/N" he begins, and I look around seeing that everyone, including those at the camp fire were now looking especially David who has a big grin on his face. "I'm really sorry for everything I put you through and I was only trying to protect you... from me, I guess that's why I rejected you before" he says, and my stomach drops as I feel embarrassed by him admitting my rejection to everyone. He notices my embarrassment.

He stiffens up and awkwardly chuckles "I'm so bad at this, I'm sorry" he says and i pretend to be mad at him. I mean I should be mad at him, he can't reject me and then 20 minutes later act like he can come and apologise and it'll all be fine. But I can't help, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I feel my cheeks turn red as I say, "So are you here to reject me again?", I cross my arms and quickly regret it has I see his face drop. I uncross my arms and start nervously playing with my hands, I can't believe he was doing this, and I can't believe it was sort of working.

"Come on Y/N, forgive me please" he pleads and starts to take his shoes off and I go wide eyed "What are you doing?" I ask and before I know it, he's hopped into the hot tub fully dressed. He makes his way over to me handing me the prop flowers.

"I love you Y/N, you have to forgive me" he says and try my hardest to be mad at him, but I fail, I get a little heated, how was it that he knew exactly how to make me forget every bad thing he's done. He chuckles at me before he says, "You look cute mad" and I splash water at him.

"I'll only forgive you if you take me on a date once a week and watch at least 3 rom-coms with me" I shrug and he laughs "Someone's feisty" he teases and I frown "It's the least you can do... unless you don't want to be forgiven" I say about to get out of the hot tub before I'm stopped by Shayne grabbing my arm.

"Good thing I love Rom-coms" he says, and I turn around smiling. He leans in and kisses me, I feel embarrassed at first as everyone can see us but I start to kiss him back. Everyone starts cheering which I know is very, very cheesy but it feels good. Finally, everything Between Shayne and I Felt good.

.....................................................

So the story has finally ended.

Thank you guys so much for reading Envy, I've honestly enjoyed writing this story so much. I'm pretty sad that it's over but that just gives me more time to work on other stories which gets me on the topic on Should I write another FanFic about Shayne?

Call me optimistic but I already have another plot for one planned out but it's all up to you guys!

But once again thank you for all the love and support and fun fact I was actually planning on ending the story with Y/N just moving back home, how sad.

In the meantime, check out my newest story called I am not in Love, A Wes x Reader story.