Chapter 24

I freeze, did Shayne really say that he loved me or was he just pretending for the skit. He backs up and walks back to the group telling the camera about how we had just pranked everyone at Disneyland.

"I think we have enough footage for a video" Noah says, and everyone agrees. We all decide to just have fun for the rest of the night before we left and to record a little bit just in case we needed more clips. Most of the afternoon it was awkward between Shayne and I so I tried to just ignore him like how he was ignoring the fact that he just admitted he loved me, or he was joking, I'm so confused.

I guess Wes realised something was wrong as he comes up to me and asks 'to go get cotton candy with him'. When we were alone he just bluntly asked "Do you still have feelings for Shayne?" and I shrug "I don't Know Wes" he just looks down and sighs "You shouldn't have agreed to the proposal" he gets out and I nod "Trust me I know, I'm just really confused" I tell him and he looks confused "About?" he asks and I decide to tell him about what Shayne had said.

"After Shayne and I Kissed, he said he loved me" I Admit, and he gasps a little "Y/N, he's engaged with someone else, please stay away from him" he warns me "It's a little hard when I work with him" I tell him getting defensive. "I know but this isn't fair to Ally" I scoff to the sound of her name "Even if you don't like her, she still doesn't deserve this".

My heart sinks, I didn't even really think about how this would affect Ally. "I promise" I tell Wes, he looks up and smiles at me for sympathy "I know it'll be hard but you also don't deserve to pretty much be lead on" He pulls me into a hug "Thank you Wes, now let's go get that cotton Candy" I say laughing, "YAY, COTTON CANDY" Wes screams like a kid. Damn he always knows how to make me feel better.

It was a few hours later and we were ready to leave, once again I was going to be sitting next to Shayne until Wes insisted that "He had to sit next to me" which ended up working thankfully. Shayne didn't really seem to be bothered which bothered me a lot, but I just had to remind myself that if Shayne truly wanted me then we would be the ones engaged.

I get home and immediately go to sleep.

The next few days at work were pretty normal besides the fact that I ignored Shayne every chance that I got and just tried my hardest to move on I even downloaded Tinder, recommended by Wes of course. Shayne didn't seem to care about us not talking and everything seemed like it would start to feel normal again.

That was until "Y/N wait up" I hear someone as I'm about to leave work, of course it's Shayne. "Oh hey" I say continuing to walk, "Please stop and just talk to me" Shayne pleads which I follow and stop turning around to him as he catches up to me. "Why do you hate me all of a sudden" He asks, and I feel my blood boil.

"Hate you?" I repeat sternly, and he backs up a bit "I'm sorry" he apologises. "You should be sorry, you think you can just lead me on" I admit and immediately regret it as I see Shayne's face drop. "I'm not leading you on?" He questions, "yes, yes you are" I say as my lips start to tremble. "You're engaged Shayne and you're here saying you love me" he gets out trying not to cry. He goes to talk but I cut him off "Even if it as a joke you know I love you, you're not dumb" I admit and start to blush. Fuck did I just tell Shayne Topp that I loved him.

He stands there unable to speak when like an angel or more like the devil Ally comes in, immediately getting defensive as she sees Shayne and I together. "Hey Shayne" she says as she skips over to hug and kiss him. "I was waiting in the car and got worried you were taking forever" she admits. "Yeah sorry, babe Y/N and I were just discussing video ideas for tomorrow" he lies, and she smiles at me. "Y/N, it's so nice you're back, I missed you" she says, and I know she's just pretending to be nice to me in front of Shayne.

"I better get going before it gets to dark" I say walking away, "Wait are you sure you don't want a lift" Ally asks. "No, I'm fine" I say immediately walking off. The whole way home I had mixed feelings like I just told Shayne I loved him, but do I love him? Even though it was completely embarrassing I felt all this weight being lifted off of me. 

I get home and text Wes "You won't believe the stupid thing I did tonight" He replies back a few minutes later concerned "You better not have talked to Shayne 😡" I giggle feeling the same rush you would get in primary school when you message your crush "Even better" he quickly replies "Oh no Y/N, what did you do now?"