Chapter 23

Shayne gets up tightening up a bit "you're not jealous are you?" I joke picking up the waters, Shane shakes his head "just answer the question, Y/N!" He said firmly. I get a bit scared as his demeanour gets more aggressive, he realises me back away from him and he seems to calm down a little.

"He probably heard I was back, idk?" I say and he sits back down putting my phone back on the arm of the lounge. "I'm sorry I just didn't know you guys were friends" he says awkwardly chuckling. "Ah yeah well he has like this little crush on me" I say using it as an advantage to find out why Shayne was so against him.

"Wait really?" He says surprised, "well yeah I mean he did hit on me the first time we met" I explain and laugh, Shayne on the other hand looked furious but was trying his hard to pretend like it wasn't bothering him.

"What was that like?" He asks and I shrug "kinda awkward" i get out, "well you're not really the best with guys" he laughs referring to the whole 'us' situation "Oh shut up, you're the one marrying someone you don't even love" I joke and he surprisingly takes the insult well.

"I never said I didn't love her" he informs me "Oh so that makes it better, does it?" I say as he grabs a pillow off the lounge and throws it at me "Hey!" I squeal as I grab another one trying to throw it back at him as I fail and it goes straight past him hitting the bowl of popcorn all over the ground. We both burst out in laughter.

We both go to clean up the popcorn that was now all over my living room floor as our hands touch and instantly we both look at each other but we don't move our hands away, we sit there staring at each other for a while with our hands connected. I feel my cheeks heat up which then causes my heart to pound so hard I fear it'll burst out of my chest.

Shayne and I jump as his phone goes off and instantly his hand is off if mine and on his phone "Shit, it's Ally" he says and I smile "It is getting pretty late" I say and he looks back at the phone "Yeah I should probably leave, Ally is most likely worried" he explains looking up at me. I just nod my head and go back to cleaning up the popcorn as he grabs his stuff.

I get up putting the bowl on the counter as Shayne heads for the door. "I'll see you at work tomorrow" I say and he turns around smiling "I heard they have some surprise road trip planned for us" and I get excited "where to?" I ask and he shrugs "it's a surprise" and with that he leaves and I turn around facing the empty apartment "What is wrong with me" I ask looking over to my fish "I can't still like Shayne, Can I?" I ask walking into my bedroom sinking into the cold sheets on the bed.

~The next morning~

I walk into the office and see everyone hovering around the table and hear all their ideas of where we could be going, "I bet it's to the jelly belly factory" Wes exclaims and I laugh "of course you would think of something related to candy" I say and everyone turns not seeing me come in. "Y/N!" Wes yells as he comes up still yelling "On a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you" and I grab his arms stopping him from falling into me and mock how loud his being with "An 11 For sure".

We all continue to talk for about 30 more minutes until we hear Ian's voice say "Hey everyone I know you must all be excited or nervous or both for where we might be heading today" play on the tv, we all sit and continue to watch.

"One clue it's the happiest place in the world where you can fulfil all your dreams" and we all look at each other and shout "Disneyland" and start to cheer. "It's obviously Disneyland" Ian says as the video ends and we get a knock on the door and open it to a guy in a black suit.

"I'll be one of your chauffeurs for the day" he says in a deep voice and I manage to get out "ooo fancy" as everyone laughs "Mind her she's not used to the luxury life" Shayne jokes and I shush him as we laugh and Wes nudges me "What?" I ask him confused "don't worry" he says and goes over to Noah.

Of course in some god known way I've managed to land a spot next to Shayne in the car, I mean I wasn't complaining, a whole road trip sitting next to Shayne did sound pretty amazing. I face palm causing Shayne to look at me weirdly "What was that for?" He laughs "nothing just thought of something I shouldn't have" I say and he smiles at me "do tell" he pokes me "id think it'd be better if I kept this one to myself" I joke and he laughs at me "you're so weird, I like it" and I Start to blush looking out the window so Shayne wouldn't notice.

As if after 5 months of detoxifying myself from Shayne it would take less than a day for me to fall for him again, I truly was hopeless. I look up at Wes sitting in the passenger seat, who was seemingly glaring at me. What was his problem today?

It was mostly like that the whole trip there, Shayne and I making jokes and Wes joining in sometimes but mostly just glaring at us. We all met up with each other planning the day ahead of us. I loved rides so my name was next to nearly all the rides we had written down and I was only stuck on 2 rides with just Shayne.

After a few hours we had completely most of the list and decided to start filming it was just a regular vlog of us going around the park and meeting fans of eating food and of course Noah and Keith somehow ended up getting lost.

Once everyone was safe and found again we all headed to the next ride on our list when we all hear Courtney say "omg we should do a fake marriage proposal". Everyone kinda stopped and laughed "who's gonna propose to who?" Keith says and then looks at me as Olivia says "what about Shayne and Y/N" and everyone starts to agree "yes you can re-enact your marriage proposal to Ally, as the fans didn't get to see the real thing" Noah says talking to the camera.

"Shouldn't Courtney and Kieth do it, what if Ally finds it awkward or something" Wes interrupts everyone "I'm down with it" Shayne says confidently "well if he's in, I'm in" I say and everyone starts to panic "we need a ring!" Keith yells looking on the map for a jewellery store.

We enter our first store and look around as Noah and Keith find the rings and look at a few of the prices and start to sing "too expensive, that's too expensive" so we scratch that store of the list. After a few more shops we find some cheap kid rings and luckily I have small fingers so it was all good and well.

We're all walking to find the perfect place for this 'proposal' when Shayne comes up to me "are you nervous about our fake proposal?" He jokes and I gasp "you're not meant to tell your future finance" am he laughs "that's only if you say yes, of course" he explains and I nod "that's true I'll just shut you down in front of a bunch of 10 year olds" I get out and he drops his bottom lip "you better not".

We hear the group yell for us to come over and point to the front of the castle, "right there" Courtney points and we all start to move over there when I get to the middle and before I know Shayne is on his knee pretending to propose to me, I try my hardest not to laugh but feel the anxiety kick in as a bunch of kids start to record and as people stop walking and stare.

Everyone seems to be believing it as I look at him and say "yes" and he jumps up and kisses me, It was like all the other kisses we've had but somewhat different it felt a bit more romantic and slow and unfortunately his lips were off mine once again as we hear the crowd cheer and yell. I look up at Shayne expecting him to be laughing but surprisingly he's smiling and like genuinely smiling when he manages to get out "I love you Y/N" I quickly pull back startled at what I just heard and go back to the group who were laughing and congratulating us and all I could think was What the hell just happened.