I Love You | Chpt 23

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"You should really stop running through the rain for me," I laughed, wrapping a towel around his soaked shoulders.

"You needed groceries."

"You could've waited in the store until it lightened up idiot," I chuckled. "Come on, take off your shirt I think you have a sweatshirt here."

"Take off my shirt? We've only been together 2 weeks (y/n)," he joked and I punched his shoulder.

"Just give me your shirt."

"You know, you're so sweet to me. I just want to hug you so bad," he said, creeping towards me.

"Uh uh, no do not hug me you are soaked. I can see your nipples through that shirt."

"But I just want a hug."

"NO!" I screeched as he squeezed me in a frozen, wet hug. "You bitch."

"I love you." My eyes widened and tensed as he let me go.

"What?" He realized he had just said it. Despite us being soulmates and the obvious love between each other, no one had said it yet. It just wasn't the same as 'love you'. He cleared his throat, pulling up his shirt.

"Uh, here," he said, his face ablaze. I took the wet shirt.

"I'm going to change my shirt too," I replied, nodding. My shirt had gotten wet all down my back from the hug behind. I walked up the stairs, pulling off my shirt and tossing the both over the railing to dry. I wandered into my room to look for the sweatshirt and get a sweater of my own. I pulled out Phil's yellow Jake the Dog sweater and set it on the bed, looking through my wardrobe for a suitable sweater.

I reached up for one on a hanger, hands suddenly brushing around from my sides to my now shrinking stomach. I felt Phil breath in against the crook of my neck and I swallowed suddenly. Lips, cold from the rain, pressed against my skin and my skin erupted in goosebumps.

"I do love you, though I think you already knew that. I just thought I'd say it," he whispered.

"I...I love you too. Caught me off guard is all. Soulmates are just so odd to me," I said. I turned around in his arms, pressing my body up against him. "Forever I had this thought that as soon as I met my soulmate everything would just click into place. I'm realizing more it's just a nudge in the right direction. Ever since I was a little girl I was worried I wouldn't find you."

"But you did."

"I don't know what I was thinking. I remember when I made my first video. I was thinking about you and other YouTubers, but when I met them all in person...you really stuck out," I said. He smiled and pecked my lips.

"I mean you must've figured out I liked you since that livestream," he said. "But before that, you were always just a part of my life. I always had you playing, like some crazy super fan and when I watched you that day something just clicked. I realized how madly in love with you I was."

"Yeah, So much so I couldn't just be crushing on you for our dates to work. Thanks for that." He grinned and pulled me into a warm hug. We rocked back and forth slightly.

"I've just realized we're both lacking shirts."

I felt my face go red.

"Oh?"

"I forget now that I'm your boyfriend I can actually tell you how beautiful you are."

"O h."

My face went even warmer.

"This is a nice touch to a masterpiece," he said, running a finger under my bra strap. My face burned like a thousand suns and I pushed him away.

"Philip Michael Lester!"

"What?"

"I—" I paused, placing a hand over my nose to cover the redness. He reached out an arm to pull my hand away, latching his lips to mine. He pulled me in to fit against his body like a puzzle piece, stumbling back with me nearly tripping over his feet. He laid back against my bed, taking me with him. "Exactly what do you think you're doing Mr. Lester?"

"What?" He asked semi-innocently. I sat back slightly, feeling the hem of his wet jeans against my backside. He propped himself up on his elbows as I sat a top him.

"Have you been walking around in wet jeans this whole time?" I asked.

"Perhaps. Maybe I should take them off, you know how horribly feeling wet jeans can be," he said. I smiled slightly.

"Oh I don't know..." I glanced up at the ceiling with a devilish grin before looking back down at Phil trapped underneath me. "You did walk in that rain for me, I should help you." This time his face erupted into a blush.

"Oh."

"Well? Should I?" I asked, sitting back slightly and I could see his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed. I could feel his hands place themselves hesitantly above my knees.

"Yeah."

Get your mind out of the gutter guys, obviously nothing happened how dare you.

~Calymari