Indiana Jones | Chpt 17

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I placed a warm metal bowl full of even warmer popcorn on the island counter. It was unusually cold in my place, so I wore a sweater and Phil carried a blanket around his shoulders. Avery had gone home, most likely to brag about David being her soulmate and having found him now has 'opened her eyes to a new world of possibilities and love'.

I gave my hands a flourish and Phil laughed at my presentation of the greased bowl of food. He took it and huddled over to the couch. After a minute of convincing, Phil had agreed to staging for a movie. I walked after him, watching him place the bowl on the coffee table.

"What are we watching by the way?" He asked.

"Hmm that's a good question."

We ultimately decided on Indiana Jones, one of them at least. I watched, shoveling the popcorn from the bowl resting in Phil's lap into my mouth.

"I just don't get how he keeps that teaching job. He literally leaves for like weeks," I said.

"He's super smart and does stuff for the school during that time."

"Oh yeah so he's there grading papers while he's running from that boulder. I don't know. It seems his biggest threat is a big ass rock."

"Wouldn't you be scared of a rock?"

"Well yeah, but I'm not Indiana Jones; you'd think he'd fight bigger stuff not run from a rock."

"This is a classic and you're disrespecting Harrison Ford."

"Whatever nerd," I joked. I tucked my legs up to my left, leaning into Phil on my right. I felt him scoot over to make room for me and I frowned. Perhaps we weren't ready for leaning against each other. We watched for a while until I grew tired. The bowl of popcorn remained empty with broken kernels stuck to the sides, while the Indiana Jones theme played.

I scooted once against closer to Phil, going to lean my head against his shoulder when he once moved again to make room. I sighed and instead stood up wobbling.

"You're free to stay if you'd like. I wouldn't recommend London this time of night," I replied.

"You're not staying to finish the movie?" I shook my head, for some reason feeling quite dejected at the idea of Phil being so uncomfortable around me. "Stay."

"Why? I'll be asleep anyways."

"Because, just stay," he replied, returning to his original spot and I sat down, curling up my legs. Our arms remained pressed against each other and this time he did not move. The prospect of me leaving pressured him into it. What was I thinking? He was only nervous, he's a nervous guy. I was just being rude.

I yawned and laid my head back on the couch to keep him from getting too uncomfortable, but instead he wrapped an arm around me so that I could lay my head against his collar bone. I could hear the heavy beating of his heart, and deemed that he was indeed nervous.

"Are you sure you're comfortable?" I asked. "You don't have to let me lay on you, I know you get nervous because I do too. Not to mention we're pretty new friends." I felt his heart slow at those words.

"No, that's quite okay," he replied, turning down the volume. My eyes drooped and I shut them, feeling my head rise with his breathing. Before I could even comprehend what he was about to say I was fast asleep in the crook of his arm.

When I awoke, his arm was still draped around me, but we were instead both laying on our sides. I remained in his chest while he held me tight along his body. It felt warm and comforting in a way I just couldn't describe right. I felt my stomach drop when I realized just how close I was to him. Now I was the one with the pounding heart.

He was extremely handsome, but cute when he lay there asleep. I buried my head in my chest to keep from looking at him. Surely there must be a date there by now I was the idiot crushing on him. Now what about the person on my hip? What would they say about about my liking for Phil?

Maybe I'm just jumping into it. That's all. No I'm definitely not crushing on Phil. That's silly.

I pulled away from his arms, waking him up and I stood over where he stretched. I watched his shirt pull up and expose his stomach and I looked away as my face went red. No. Not crushing.

"(Y/n)?"

"Good morning! Dan texted you and asked where you were, you should probably head out. I mean I don't mean to kick you out or anything," I replied. He sat up and rubbed his eyes from underneath his glasses.

"Oh yeah, thanks."

I decided on keeping distance for a while. That would be best. Not that I hated him or anything. I wanted to spend time with him, but it just felt off to feel this way about Phil. I rushed him out and let out a sigh when I shut the door.

I pulled down the side of my shorts to look at the date which was even darker, almost near to what Avery's looked like. I tugged my shirt up and there were hardly any dates on my belly or ribs. I let out a shaky sigh and hurried up the stairs to flip on my bed, a heavy rock in my stomach.

~Calymari