Hot Tub | Chpt 10

Sup.

Enjoy~

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I slipped on my swimsuit, a colorful halter top set that Avery had bought me. She had insisted that I look good in green, and in the suit. I was mainly concerned with the still black, engraved date on my hip, which was now in view from the low riding bottoms.

"Cute!" Zoella commented, walking across the room with her bag. She was wearing a navy blue suit herself, while Avery suited herself with a royal blue one.

Of course I had to have the bright, attention seeking suit.

Always me.

Nonetheless, I was forced to wrap a towel around my hips and shuffle behind the chatting girls in front of me. My torso was bare and the hotel hall was cold, my legs slightly aching as I walked along the rough carpet.

I loved the foreign feeling of walking through a hotel at night, when everything was quiet and clean. The air was different, just along with everything else. I loved the feeling of exhaustion wave over me, after such a long day of fun, I felt spent in a good kind of way. I yawned as we climbed into the elevator.

Joe and Caspar had in fact made their way to the pool already with Alfie, rather than staying in the room with us. I felt much more comfortable changing without them there, so I was grateful to be meeting up with them later.

The lobby floor was loud underneath my flip flops, and the soft trickle of the fountain was getting me excited for getting in the water. A few chairs were taken, most of the pool empty of other guests. The three boys stood around, waiting for us, Dan and Phil a few chairs away, Henry sat on the chair closest to Dan. Louise and Hazel chatted under fluorescent lights, and Louise waved us over. I held my towel practically at the hem of my top, covering my stomach.

Each boy, now without shirts, were littered with dates across their chests and backs. I had a few on my back and my stomach but the most embarrassing one rested on my hip, now in plain view. It made me hug my towel tighter, seeing soft tattoos all over the others' bodies.

I kicked off my flip flops and sat down in an empty chair. I laid back, suddenly not wanting to go into the water. My face was warm, and I hated the immense amount of dates around me. I glanced to Phil who had what had to be hundreds scribbled in soft writing along his back. It was kind of so jumbled it was almost neat, kind of like Phil was. The only one without was Dan, as was Henry, as they had managed to find each other.

"I'm going for the hot tub, my legs are killing me," Hazel said, stretching them out along her chair before getting up.

"I'll go with you," I said suddenly. I threw my towel down, going to walk beside her. I was suddenly cold, my skin pricking up in goosebumps.

"Who's this?" Hazel asked, pointing gently to the date on my hip.

"Wish I knew."

"They must really like you," she said, smiling as she dropped the subject. We sank down into the hot tub, the hot water warming my skin. I sat in front of a jet, letting the air bubbles hit my back for a moment before shifting over.

"Mind if we join you?" I glanced up, seeing Phil sink in with Joe and Caspar. Eventually everyone had sunk into the large hot tub, Avery on my right and Phil on my left. I sank down so the water covered my shoulders, though I know they probably all saw when I walked over here.

I listened to people talk over the gentle rumble of bubbles before I felt someone's knee hit mine. I glanced to my right and Avery gestured at me to lean over with a dripping hand. I leaned over for her to whisper in my ear.

"Joe's looking at you," she said and I felt my face go wrong.

"Oh come on, leave it be, no he's not," I said. I sat back, keeping my eyes down at the surface of the water. After a few moments I casually glanced around seeing that Joe was indeed looking in my direction. He smiled at me and I smiled back, averting my gaze after a few seconds. I glanced back to Avery who was wearing a soft, smug grin.

I leaned back against the edge of the hot tub again, brushing against someone's arm. I glanced back seeing Phil retreating his arm.

"Sorry," I said and he shook his head.

"Nah, I was in your space, you're fine," he said. I sat back again, this time not hitting Phil's arm, Avery meanwhile watching intently.

"Hey." Phil glanced back over, an off looking expression on his face. "I think I want to get out." He stared at me expectantly, question why I had told him and not the whole group.

"Okay."

"Do you?" I asked and he paused, seeming to realize I didn't want to get out by myself.

"Yeah, sure."

I knew Avery wasn't about to get out, she loved hot tubs much more than me, and I didn't want to express my concern to the whole group. I started to hoist myself up, Phil following.

"Any one who wants to get out now, we're getting out," Phil said and I smiled slightly, grateful he had taken the liberty to say it for me. I was still slightly uncomfortable with the group.

Phil and I headed over to open chairs, suits dripping. I sat down on my towel, Phil using Avery's chair beside me with his own towel. Everyone else had stayed for a few moments later, and we were to wait for them to get in the actual pool. It would be their loss anyways, heading into a freezing pool after that.

"Hey, you know that this group of people has your back, so don't worry too much, okay?" Phil said and I nodded. I suddenly felt subconscious around the guy, now that he knew another weakness about me.

"Yeah," I said, scrunching up my legs.

"What date is that?"

I glanced down at my hip almost immediately, clearing my throat.

"I'm not sure, it's from my birthday," I said, glancing at him. He nodded, looking awkward that he had brought it up.

"You sure have a lot on your back," I said, mentioning my earlier observation.

"Yeah, fans I guess," he said. Everything had suddenly become more than awkward, and I was glad for the group getting out of the hot tub now.

~Calymari