Fall | Chpt 11

Heyo. I don't know what to write.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I heard Zoe shriek at the temperature drop between pool and the hot tub and I chuckled, soft goosebumps arising over my skin. I dipped under the water, shivering slightly before I grew familiar with the sensation. Avery dove after me with grin, slipping up next to me.

"I was talking with Joe."

"And?"

"Nothing yet, but I'll squeeze it out of him," she said.

"Why don't you just date him weirdo," I said, swiping my arms around in the water.

"Hey do you guys mind if I record a chicken fight for a vlog?" someone called and everyone immediately went for partners. Avery ditched me, snatching up Caspar in hopes I would partner with Joe. He started to swim over when I felt a wet hand on my shoulder.

"Need a partner?" Phil asked and I nodded, accepting his gratuitous offer. Joe instead worked with Hazel. I watched Phil dip into the water and brush his hands under my legs. Heat rose up in my face as I felt myself securely lifted up out of the water. His hands held comfortably just above my knees as he waded forward, my body leaning with him.

"GO!" I heard Caspar screech and I locked hands with Hazel, shoving her off quickly. Zoe wrestled with me, but I eventually tipped backwards, yelping as I took Phil with me. We both surfaced, facing each other with dripping hair and eyelashes. I glanced at the hair plastered at his forehead, pushing it back.

"Second, not bad," I said, smiling at him. He smiled back running his hand over his hair after me. He turned away looking towards the group, Joe shutting off his camera. We all swam for a while before each of us in turn left. I wrapped myself up in a towel, my hair still dripping down my back and my bathing suit uncomfortably soggy. I knew I would hate to peel this thing off my body to take a shower, I always did. Not to mention how unbelievably cold the hotel was all of a sudden. I curled the towel around my shoulders tho it was already soaked and cold. I hurried out the door, the halls of the hotel making my body and teeth chatter.

"Cold?" I glanced around at Dan and Henry who were walking behind Phil, the one who posed the question.

"Actually so cold. My suit is literally making me feel like I'm wearing ice undergarments," I said and he laughed at my bluntness. "I'm thinking about making a run for it."

"Honestly great idea," he said and I shrugged, running along the soft carpet floor. It was late and silent, both of us trying to keep up and be quiet while we ran. I made eye contact with Phil behind me, holding in a chuckled when I fell, falling onto my hands. I let out a yelp soon followed by stifled laughter, my breath stuck in my chest. Phil started laughing after me, our chest heaving as we tried to keep from waking the guest. I rolled to my back and sat up, nearly to the point of wheezing now. Phil offered me a hand, helping me up and we took off back down the hallways, lungs still heavy and collapsed from laughing.

"Oh my God how did someone not open their door?" I whispered, grasping my chest slightly.

"I haven't the slightest idea," he said.

"Graceful, aren't I?"

"Oh the most," he chuckled. The hallway was quiet and we calmed ourselves down.

"Well, I'll uh, see you tomorrow," I said, hugging my towel around me though goosebumps still arose all over my body.

"Goodnight," he said, turning away and into his room. I stood out in the hall for a moment before knocking on my door to get Avery to let me in. She swung it open, looking at me.

"What took you so long?"

"I walked, or well ran and hardcore fell, with Phil," I said, brushing past her.

"Oooo Phil," she said.

"I thought you were team Joe," I said.

"I'm team ur lonely and need a man," she said.

"Don't be ridiculous, I don't like either like that," I said, opening the door to the bathroom. "And I'm not lonely."

"Pft, don't humor me."

"Shut up scrub."

"You shut up."

I stuck out my tongue and shut the door, shedding my suit. It of course was cold and wet and stuck to my clammy skin so much so to make my cringe. I quickly hopped into the shower, praying that it would heat up fast enough. I still barely knew how to use the damn thing; I was horrible at this sort of thing.

I finally got it working and was grateful to shower and get dressed, sinking into bed. And for some odd reason, now, I couldn't stop thinking about that silent moment in the hall.

~Calymari