Glass House | Chpt 9

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Oh, yeah?"

"I just wanted to ask how your first convention is."

"Is wonderful, and I've gotten to meet a ton of people so far, YouTubers and fans alike. I honestly was missing out until now!"

I watched the girl smile and walk to sit down, and I smiled to myself. We started to go through questions and I chipped in at parts.

"Hi yeah, I just wanted to say I think Phil and (y/n) are really cute."

"What about the rest of the beautiful panel people?" I asked.

"Uh no, (y/n), I think she means together," Phil said. I stared at him for a moment, my face red with embarrassment, both from the statement and the fact I hadn't picked up on the ship.

"O h." I heard Dan laugh and I tossed a water bottle at him in retaliation. The crowd was loving it.

We answered a few more questions, now fully aware of the ship on everyone's mind. Maybe it wasn't smart to do my first collab with Phil, I didn't want him ankle deep in my fans on top of his already.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have, but thank you for your participation!"

I heard a 'I LOVE YOU DAN!" From the crowd and he winked, finger gunning out into the masses. We walked off, everyone smiling and laughing. I felt an arm roughly hook around my shoulders and I stumbled forward slightly.

"First stage show! How'd ya like it?" I glanced over at Joe who had taken the time to check in with me. That was nice.

"A lot actually," I said.

"I saw you were nervous earlier, I'm glad you liked it," he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"The only thing is that my hands are just disgustingly sweaty," I said, and he laughed, letting go of my shoulders.

"Nice to know."

"I know, so attractive," I chuckled, seeing Avery run up backstage. She tackled me in a hug and crushed me. "Avery...please..."

"Did you hear me whoop for ya?" I laughed.

"Not really Aves, but thank you."

"Hey Joe!" She said, smiling at him and he tipped an invisible hat to her.

"I am exhausted."

"You're going swimming, yeah?" Joe asked and I nodded.

"I'll never pass up an opportunity to swim in pure chlorine for an hour to relax," I said.

"Don't we all?" He asked. "So that whole ship thing."

"Yeah? What about it?" I asked, my face warm.

"You ever been shipped?"

"Kind of? If you haven't noticed I don't go out much, or have many YouTube friends for that."

"People will ship whatever is single, and a lot of the times whatever is taken too, so welcome. You've gained your wings."

"Wow, thanks," he smiled, clapping me on the back before Caspar caught him, ruffling his hair. I giggled and Avery grasped my hand, squeezing it. "Yeah?"

"Dude he wants to smash."

"What?!" I choked, glancing over at Joe who had begun to wrestle Caspar.

"Girl, you really are blind," she said, dragging me back over to Zoe.

"You two coming back with me to the pool?" She asked, and Avery nodded for me. "We can hang out in my room!"

"Anyone else?"

"Oh yeah, probably Joe and Alfie, why?"

"No reason," Avery said, giving me a devilish grin. I glanced away, letting them chat lightly. I glanced around, catching eyes with Phil. His face shifted from a sad one to a nice, but hurt, smile. What was wrong?

I walked over, Henry hugged around Dan's back like a backpack while they talked about the show. I smiled at them before approaching Phil.

"Hey! I just wanted to apologize for the ship thing, I'm just dense," I said, knocking my temple slightly.

"Far from it," he said.

"I know it's not really my place, but is there something wrong?" He shook his adamantly.

"No of course not! So, I heard you were heading to Zoe's room before the pool. I guess I'll see you there," he said.

"Oh, uh yeah, I guess," I replied, hugging my arms around my torso. He took notice but said nothing and I realized exactly how much he already knew about me.

I put a lot of my life on the internet, which is probably why people felt they knew me so well and that I was genuine. I distinctly remembering mentioning that I always hugged around my torso when I was anxious or nervous, and now I felt like a glass house.

No depth, just open walls for anyone to look into, including Phil. I know he knows how I'm feeling right now. I dropped my arms and curled my arms in fists, completely out of habit.

"So, I'll see you later yeah?"

"Yeah."

Avery waved me over, Zoe dragging her, and soon to be me, along. Phil certainly seemed to have a problem with me all of a sudden and now I wasn't too sure about filming with him now.

What if he didn't want to anymore?

Just when I thought I actually befriended my role model.

I sighed and took Avery's outstretched hand, allowing her to yank me along, leaving Phil behind.

~Calymari