Get the Fuck Over it | Chpt 18

Hello

What About Now by Daughtry goes so hard, I forgot that song existed. I remember that song from when I was a kid.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Hey, why don't you invite Phil?"

"Oh, no he's probably busy," I said.

"You haven't talked to Phil in like 2 months," Avery said, "What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing. He's a busy guy."

"Oh really? So if I ask him, he'll tell me he has plans," Avery said and I eyed her. I nodded. "Alright then, I'll just ask him then."

"Wait!" she glanced at me knowingly. "Don't."

"I won't if you tell me why."

"Fine, I just...I think I like him? But I know he doesn't like me and this date is driving me crazy. I don't want to mess it up with whoever it is," I said. She raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't give me that look, you have a soulmate."

"Have you ever considered the possibility that the date is him?"

"What kind of fantasy world pairs me up with my idol. Besides, wouldn't his dates all disappear like mine would?"

"Not until you've realized it dummy. I worked with David for months before I realized I liked him," she replied and I sighed.

"Well, I've been keeping away and being dramatic."

"Okay, so I'm definitely inviting him to dinner."

"No!"

"You're acting like you did in middle school. Who cares? Soulmates literally find each other by fate, so you should just leave it be."

"We don't talk about middle school me," I warned and she shrugged.

"You were uptight in middle school and I thought being on YouTube would help, but I guess not," She said, dialing.

"Wait are you freaking calling him? AVER--"

"Hey Phil! Yeah it's me Avery," she said and I ran at her, trying to snatch the phone from her hand. She was unfortunately taller than me, and I jumped on her back to pull the phone from her ear. "No, I was just calling to ask if you were free tonight?" I tugged at her hair and she just tossed me off. "Dinner sound good? (y/n) will be there!" I scrambled after her. "Perfect! I'll text you the details!"

She hung up.

"You bitch."

"This is for your benefit," she said and I pouted, sat on the floor where she dumped me. "Avoiding things is never good. You should know that."

"Shut up, it's easier," I scoffed, getting up.

"Sorry baby. Time to grow up."

"You suck."

"Oh just admit it, you're excited to see him," she said and my face went warm.

"Shut your face," I replied, heading upstairs.

"Wear the green dress!"

"Fuck you!"

I did however end up wearing the green dress.

I stood beside Avery, my arms crossed over my chest

I stood beside Avery, my arms crossed over my chest. We were waiting outside the restaurant for Phil to arrive and I felt quite awkward about the whole thing. What if he was pissed about me disappearing for a while.

"Hey," We turned, seeing him hold open the door to the restaurant. "Hurry, I'm starving."

He ushered us into the restaurant, all 3 of us quickly seated.

"Sorry I'm so late," he apologized. "My taxi driver was a loon. Though I seem to attract crazy people. At least that's what Dan says." I felt Avery jab me in the stomach and I let out a strange noise. He glanced at me, confused.

"Hah, see I don't even know why I made that noise. You do attract crazy people because you attracted me. I mean, I'm not attracted to you or anything, not that you're ugly or like annoying or anything, I just didn't mean it like that you know? I just..." I glanced up and Phil was staring at me oddly. "I...have to go to the bathroom."

I got up and bolted towards the restroom, shutting myself in a stall. That was probably the worst it possibly could've gone. Maybe ever worse than the worst.

"(y/n)?"

"Go away Avery. I'm just going to hide in here until I die," I said. She pushed open the supposedly locked stall door. "Wow that's reassuring."

"What the heck is wrong with you?"

"That's even more reassuring."

"You're running away again. This feels like prom when Charlie tried to bang you and you headbutted him and ran away," she said and I glared at her.

"That was different."

"Not really. You run away when you're scared. I get it, but really you shouldn't be scared about things like this anymore. The worst that could happen is you aren't soulmates, and there's no way that he would let that stop your friendship. How many times did he text you or dm you?"

"Uhhhh, a lot?"

"Exactly. And he's sitting in that restaurant alone, probably awkwardly talking to a waiter right now," she said. "If he didn't want to at least be a good friend, then do you really think he would come out to dinner with us?"

"Well no..."

"Exactly. So don't worry about some stupid date and get the fuck over yourself." I paused at her bluntness. "Was that too harsh? I don't know it just came out."

"No, you're right. I'm full of bullshit."

"Alright then! Get the fuck over it and go back to that table. I'll stay here for a little," she said, shoving me out. I let out a breath and headed back to the table.

"Hey you okay?" he asked as I sat. "Wait where's Avery?"

"She's finishing up," I replied and he nodded. "And yes, I am okay."

"What was that all about?"

"It was really nothing, I just got nervous that you might be mad about the whole me disappearing for 2 months."

"Why would I be mad at that?"

"I don't know. Over-dramatic imagination." He nodded.

"Why were you gone?" he asked and I sighed.

"Truthfully I'm not sure," I replied. "But I promise that I was not ignoring you because I was upset with you or anything."

"I see. I understand, sometimes we all just need a break." My phone buzzed, reading a message from Avery.

Have fun :)

I paused, realizing that the crazy bitch climbed out the damn bathroom window.

"Something wrong?"

"Oh, uh, I'm pretty sure Avery just left."

"Left? Why?"

"I truly have zero idea."

"I guess it's just us then."

"Yeah."

~Calymari