Challenge | Chpt 8

Heyo

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I already could feel sweat drip down the side of my forehead, and I cleared my throat.

"Dan Howell!" I watched Dan smile and walk out from behind the curtain with a smile. "Phil Lester!" I glanced over to him and he smiled, giving me a thumbs up. He walked out and I could hear the crowd roar again. "And (y/n) (l/n)!"

I took a breath, stepping out into colored lights, my legs shaking. I hear a muffled roar over the ringing in my ears and I felt my throat tighten. I smiled, looking out to people clapping and cheering as I walked on. I can't believe this.

"Let's get started shall we?!" the crowd screamed in response as I sat down in the last seat next to Phil. I glanced out at an array of people, a sea of dates and faces, each different from the next.

"How's it going everyone?" I glanced up at the question, seeing the host. Host? Was that what he was called. The crowd cheered again. "We're going to start out with a few challenges! This first one calls for partners!"

I felt my stomach drop, memories of school flashing back. I remember dreading the teacher call for partners in a classroom full of people I hardly knew. They all had their friends whereas I had to scramble for the unlucky kid who got booted out of the group of 3.

"(y/n)?" I glance up and Phil was looking at me. "Partners?"

"Oh yeah, thanks," I said, suddenly weary of the mic pack on my back.

"Alright everyone! This is sort of like the yoga challenge! Whichever partner achieves the pose first wins that round!" Phil eyed me.

"Good I chose you," Phil said and I smiled.

"Alright! The first pose 3..2..1..GO!"

"Oh what?!" I heard from across the stage

"Oh what?!" I heard from across the stage. I laughed and Phil sat down. I glanced over and saw Caspar fall on his butt.

"(y/n), I'll catch your legs!" Phil said and I gripped the floor, handing him one leg.

"This one goes to Zalfie!" the announcer said just as I handed Phil my other leg.

"Wait, how do I get down?" I asked and I heard the crowd chuckle.

"Uh..." I glanced at Phil, letting go of one leg as I fell over.

"Okay next pose 3..2..1..GO!"

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, Phil immediately getting into downward dog

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, Phil immediately getting into downward dog. "Oh hell no Lester." I heard the crowd laugh again. I sighed and attempted to grab Phil's hips. I felt my face flame up, as I placed one knee gently on his lower back and then into a tripod. I paused.

"(s/n)!"

"Oh thank God!" I heard Phil call and I shrieked as he came down, falling on top of him. I could hear the crowd go wild, as I scrambled off him.

"Dude wait!" I called.

"I don't even know how you got on his back," Zoe said from the opposite side of the stage.

"I don't know either."

"Are we ready for the 3rd and final pose?" the announcer asked. "Ready? GO!"

"OH screw this," Dan said, and his partner Tom sat down beside him

"OH screw this," Dan said, and his partner Tom sat down beside him. They gave up. Eventually it was just Phil and I against Zalfie.

"Don't freaking drop me!" I threatened, placing my foot against Phil's and bending my leg up for him to grab it. I leaned and he leaned back with me as I watched Zoe fall over. I pulled out my arms and paused.

"Don't move!"

"How?!" I replied and I heard someone snort.

"(s/n)!" the crowd roared again, and Phil pulled me back. I gave him a high five and we claimed victory.

"Wow new power duo," Caspar commented and I felt my face go red again.

"Alright! This next challenge doesn't require any partners, but which YouTuber do you guys want to go first?" The announcer asked as the crowd screamed a jumble of names. "I heard Dan!"

"Of course, thanks guys," Dan said.

"This is the touch my body challenge! You have to guess where and who you're touching!" someone blindfolded Dan and he made an inappropriate joke.

We grouped up and decided on Joe's belly button for the first one. He pulled up his shirt and I could hear a distant scream.

"Oh is someone getting naked?" Dan asked and I held in a snort. Dan immediately guessed belly button. "Is it...Caspar?"

"Close! It was Joe!" Louise said.

"Who's going next?" the announcer called and I suddenly heard someone screech my name. "(y/n)!"

"Shoot," I said, Hazel placing the blindfold around my eyes. I could hear chatter in the crowd and I waited. I felt someone grab my hand and I held out my index finger. I felt skin, hand bone underneath that curved outwards as my finger went down. My finger brushed along the side of short hair and I paused.

"Any guesses?"

"Is this someone's glabella? Phil?!" I felt a breathy laugh on my hand and I pulled off my blindfold. Phil gave me an impressed look, and I heard the crowd scream.

"Wow you really are Phil trash," Dan commented.

"Look who's talking!" I retorted and the crowd screamed again.

"Honestly, aren't we all," Tom said and I smirked. Joe went last and Caspar offered up his tongue, resulting in Joe screaming.

"That's disgusting! Why is it wet?!" and the crowd laughed. "Caspar I swear to go if my finger is in your mouth you're dead!"

All soon calmed down and we returned to our seats.

"And now we're allowing for questions."

I glanced over at Phil and he smiled at me again. I smiled back and turned to see people lining up.

"I have a question for (y/n)."

~Calymari