Too Damn Long | Chpt 21

Hello

Enjoy~

Phil's POV

"What's with that face? People are loving the video," Hazel asked. It had begun down pouring outside the Starbucks Hazel had requested to meet me at. Just 20 minutes ago (y/n) had said all those things to me and I wanted desperately for my dates to disappear. How would I get her to talk to me again after she felt so embarrassed?

"Rain makes me kind of sad," I replied.

"I suppose it is dreary out," she said. "So why did you change your mind? Did something come up with (y/n)?"

"No, she just had a few things to do and it worked out so I could come see you," I replied and she nodded.

"Well our challenge video is doing extremely well. Collaborating with pretty girls seems to be good for you," she joked. My video with (y/n) had been extremely popular as well.

"Yeah." I faked a laugh. "Would you excuse me?" She nodded and I headed to the bathroom. I closed myself in a stall, the hairs at the back of my neck and arms standing up. I loved (y/n) so much, she was so sweet and understanding. Did she not love me back as much as I loved her? Was that why we weren't soulmates? I shivered again as goosebumps arose all across my skin.

I glanced at the rigid hairs tugging at my skin. I watched a date on my forearm sink into my skin and disappear. My eyes widened and I brushed my fingers against it, hurrying from the stall to the sink. I tilted my jaw up and to the side, seeing that a date behind my ear was gone too. I pulled up my shirt to see dates fading away into my torso. I felt a sudden urge to pull at the hem of my pants, revealing a darkened date on my hip. It was today.

I slammed open the door and ran to the table, struggling to pull money from my pocket. "Hazel, I'm so sorry there's something I have to take care of!" I said, tossing the fee for coffee at the table and running out with my jacket half on. She stared at me with wide eyes, noticing a date on my bare arm fade as I ran. She smirked and sat back, watching me dash out into the rain.

I didn't think I could sprint so fast. I skidded a corner, feeling the rain soak my hair and my jacket and shivering. Heavy pour slapped at my face and clothes as I ran down the street with heavy breaths sputtering out my mouth. I whipped past people grumbling at me until I saw (y/n)'s apartment building half a block away. I was dripping with cold rain by the time I got to her building and I hurried up the carpeted stairs, leaving wet foot prints behind. I heavily and frantically knocked at the door.

(Y/n)'s POV

I glanced up at the heavy knocking at my door, standing up and wiping at my cheek. I shuffled to the door and opened it, seeing a soaked Phil dripping on my doormat. His hair was plastered against his forehead and wet.

"Phil? What the hell? Why are you all wet? Did you walk here? Where's Hazel? What going o—"

He walked forward and I stumbled backwards. He reached for the loop in my jeans, slipping a finger through it and tugging me forward. "Phil what are you—" he tugged the side of my bottoms down to reveal my hip and I shoved him away. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"You have a date on your hip."

"Yeah you idiot! You saw it before! You could've just asked, not assaulted me!" I said, letting out a panicked breath. He too tugged down the side of his jeans to reveal today's date etched on his skin. I glanced down, seeing that most of my dates were fading. "Holy shit. It must've been when I realized..." I glanced up and he knew exactly what I was talking about. "Well, I guess that...that means we're soulmates? I mean that's pretty much a given, so me saying that was pretty usele—"

I felt Phil grip my hips tightly and pulled me against him.

"Do you ever shut up?"

He pressed cold lips against mine and I stood there in shock for the few seconds I stood locked against Phil. He pulled away, looking at me for a reaction and watching my eyes soften. I gripped his face and kissed him this time, pulling him into me as I leaned back slightly. His hands tugged at my legs now and I hopped up to wrap my legs around his waist. My arms wrapped around his neck and we switched head positions, kissing again.

"I've been waiting too damn long for this," he said and I grinned, kissing him again.

"My bad."

~Calymari