Uneasiness

As the breakfast was served Harsh, Renuka sat  on one side of the dining table while Sanyukta  sat across the table and Randhir pulled the chair beside her taking a seat there.

She angled her head to him with a pointed look, hence he started  speaking  in a low voice only audible to her.

"Don't start with 'Tum yahan kyun baithe ho ' Agarwal.

Ye mera seat hai bachpan se. "

She rolled her eyes looking away from him to her plate, and started eating quietly.

"Aaj itne dino baad hum sab sath baithke breakfast kar rahe hain, kitna achha lag raha hai.

Hai na Harsh.? "

Renuka smiled,to which Harsh nodded his head.

"Haan. "

"aesa lag raha hai jaise pura family complete hogaya ho. "

Renuka added cheerfully, grabbing Sanyukta's attention this time.

She glanced inbetween Harsh, and Renuka then at Randhir gulping a little, but kept mum resuming her eating.

"Mai coffee leke aati hun sabke liye. "

Renuka went away towards the kitchen, while Harsh quickly tried to grab the bowl of gajar ka halwa, only to be blocked by Randhir in the mid way.

"Kya.? "

"Uh kuch nahi mai bas dekh raha tha gajar ka halwa ka colour thik hai ya nahi, uske hisab se tum dono ko taste lagega na. "

Harsh reasoned forcing a smile.

"Haan vo hum kha ke pata kar lenge dad kaise bana hai ,aapko colour test karne ki jarurat nahi hai. "

Randhir smiled mockingly taking the bowl far away from his reach, making Harsh frown.

"kya hua.? "

Renuka interrupted them.

"kuch nahi Renu hum toh bas normally baatein... "

"Dad halwa ka colour test kar rahe the. "

Randhir cut off his words short, causing Harsh to bit back a groan.

"Harsh.? "

Renuka raised a brow at him questioningly, en Randhir smirked in Victory.

"uh aesa kuch nahi hai Renu, mai toh... "

"aap colour test nahi halwa kha sakte ho,aaj ke liye. "

As soon as Renuka finished her line, Randhir's smirk vanished from his face and Harsh grinned.

"are you for real.? "

"itna drama karne ki jarurat nahi hai, bas aaj ke liye. "

Renuka shook her head serving halwa for him in a small bowl.

"See. "

Harsh showed a thumbs down at Randhir before blowing a flying kiss at Renuka's direction.

"and i love you. "

Randhir chuckled at them averting his gaze to Sanyukta for a moment, and found her glancing in between his parents then looking down at her plate awkwardly.

He set his eyes on her for few more seconds watching her fidgeting with her  fingers, as if trying to say something but holding herself back almost looking uncomfortable among them.

For a moment she turned her head to him and their eyes met,then  she quickly looked away refocusing on the food.

Even though for nano seconds Randhir could see something was bothering her, which she didn't wish to say to him or his parents.