vulnerable

As the evening appeared Sanyukta returned to her apartment after finishing her shift, en unlocked the door with the spare key expecting it to be empty;
Instead found Parth, vidushi sitting in the hall quietly.

"Arey tum dono yahin ho?

Mujhe laga mai jaldi agayi hun toh dono laute ni hoge. "

"Sanyukta vo... "

Vidushi paused herself as parth put a hand over her palm motioning her to keep quiet,while sanyukta stared at them confusingly.

"Tum dono ko kya hua.? "

"uh kuch nahi sanyukta, vo toh hamari fight ke bare me bol rahi hai.

Tum coffee piyogi.? "

Parth asked casually before vidushi could answer.

"haan haan sure.

Mai bas fresh hoke ati hun abhi. "

Sanyukta went away towards her room, meanwhile vidushi sighed facepalming herself.

"Shit. Ab kya hoga.? "

"jo hoga dekha jayega and she needs to deal with it. "

Parth spoke calmly patting her palm lightly then got up to prepare coffee.

The moment Sanyukta pushed the door of her room open the first thing she faced was the darkness.

Taking a step ahead she was about to switch the lights on when something got tripped with her foot hence she looked down only spot a black coat laying on the floor.

Confused, she picked the coat up wondering who does it belongs to,then switched the lights on only to get a shock beyond her imagination.

There Randhir was laying on the bed, to be precise on her bed ,probably sleeping with one arm kept over his forehead and she stood dumbly staring at him without an eye blink.

For a second she assumed it to be a dream en shook her head to get rid off it but the moment her eyes fell on the coat in her hand she knew it was no dream but the reality.

Her eyes widened on realising he was actually sleeping in her bedroom ,thus she rushed out of the room still clutching the coat in her hand.

Parth, and vidushi's eyes snapped up to her  direction  ,watching her parting her lips then shutting them before she finally gathered herself up to speak.

"uh andar vo... Vo shekh...shekhawat hai. "

"sanyukta vo umm... Vo kuch baat karne aya tha aur... "

Parth trailed not knowing how to complete his words, when vidushi came to his rescue.

"Vo sanyukta uski tabiyat kuch thik nahi tha issliye vo sone chala gaya thodi dair. "

"Mere bedroom me.? "

Sanyukta sounded stern all of a sudden, hence vidushi released a deep sigh.

"Vo toh..."

Sanyukta didn't wait for her to complete and went back inside her bedroom fuming with his sudden appearance.

Standing near the bed she tapped his hand repeatedly  until Randhir stirred in his sleep taking off his hand from his forehead.

Randhir blinked his eyes adjusting his vision to the light when a particular face appeared infront of his vision he was wishing to see the most right then.

"What are you doing in my bedroom.? "

Sanyukta asked straight glaring him.

Randhir sat up that instant staring up to her face ,on suddenly remembering vidushi's words  to find any traces of sorrow ,or fear on her face but it looked dry and emotionless.

"maine kuch puchha. "

Sanyukta snapped her finger in front of his eyes bringing his chain of thoughts to an halt and he raked a hand through his hair.

He tried diverting his brain from vidushi's words still echoing in his ears, which continued making him feel helpless ,meanwhile Sanyukta observed him closely.

He looked like something was bothering him so much but he couldn't voice out, also his eyes looked red hence her anger lessened a bit against her own will.

"ye tumhara office nahi hai jo jab mann kiya aur agaye, get out of here shekhawat,now."

She showed him the way out gritting her teeth, while Parth, vidushi came standing near the doorstep.

"Arey Randhir tumhara headache thik hua.? "

Parth lied grabbing Sanyukta's attention and her forehead creased confusingly glancing inbetween parth and Randhir.

"Umm vo thik lag raha hai abhi, sayad ghar tak bhi chala jayega. "

Vidushi spoke on Randhir's behalf, motioning him to leave quietly,whereas Sanyukta walked out of the room paying a little heed to their conversation.

Randhir blinked at the duo  not uttering a single word then walked away from the room, followed by vidushi and parth.

Sanyukta looked away as Randhir glanced at her direction standing in the hall  before starting to walk away, while the other duo  stood as mute spectators.

Sanyukta released the breathe she was holding from the last few minutes once after he reached near the door and she made her way towards her bedroom only to be pulled back en stand facing Him once again.

"Ye kya.... "

Before she could complete Randhir had pulled her in to a bone crashing hug making her stand still.

Randhir rested his head on her shoulder putting his arms around her waist keeping her close to him, en closed his eyes letting his shoulders go slump.

Even though he knew her breathing had slowed down due to his sudden act and she wasn't responding to the hug, still he wanted to be there for few more minutes just to make himself believe she was standing safe and sound.

She had survived.

Sanyukta gulped acknowledging his touch after a long time, which wasn't rough like the previous kiss he had attempted but it just like the college days, soft and warm.

Like he wanted to see her safe right after their fights, like he wanted to be there for her no matter what kind of bond they shared, like he never wanted to leave.

The thought was enough to bring her back to the reality and she struggled to free herself from his hold gulping once again.

Randhir's hold didn't loosen even after her continuous struggles, instead he tightened it hid his face in the crook of her neck and she suddenly felt something wet there.

"What the hell?

Chhodo mujhe. "

She choked out seething in anger,struggling some more but he didn't buzz much to her dismay.

"Kuch dair aesi raho Agarwal, tumhe zarurat ni hai per mujhe hai.

At least mere liye.?

Please.? "

He murmured without looking up , and she stopped her struggles that instant, confused by how much vulnerable he sounded that time.

Tbc.