1

*song: Used to be AJ Mitchell*

After curling my hair I pull my fingers throw it lightly to make it look more natural then I move on to my makeup only applying a small amount of mascara and touching up my face with concealer and foundation. Once satisfied with my hair and makeup I walk out of my bathroom and enter my room.

Quickly I check my phone for what seemed like the billionth time all he said was 'I'll pick you up at eight dress casually' not leaving me with much to go on. I loved when he surprised me I figured he'd take me somewhere romantic like going on a walk on the beach or seeing a movie maybe even taking me on a road trip.

I sigh sadly wondering if we'd ever do anything fun like that he had always been the type of guy to hide his emotions. None the less I knew he loved me and I loved him. I sigh then walk over to my closet and pick out an outfit that I felt was casual, comfortable, and cute. I hear the familiar sound of Grayson's car horn smiling I look down at my phone and see my lock screen of the selfie I had taken of us on our first date a year ago today.

I hear his car horn again and roll my eyes 'coming!!!!' I text him before rushing to the door of my house. "Mom I'm going out!" I yell into the empty house "Mom's not home but she'll be back at two!" my sister Amber yells back "have fun on your date" she adds an obvious smirk on her face I roll my eyes and put on my white vans on before opening the door.

Grayson tapes his hands on the steering wheel as I open the passenger door "hey!" I say bending over to kiss his cheek. He nods at me before he speeds away "so where are we going?" I ask awkwardly he points at the diner on the end of my block. I try to hide my sigh but at this point, I can't hide the disappointment on my face as we pull into the driveway of the diner.

I turn my face away from him as a tear rolls from my eye. As he parks I wipe away my tears and get out of the car I lean against the car with my back to the diner to collect myself. "Holly, are you coming?" Grayson asks I take a deep breath before turning around and nodding. Quickly I run to Grayson's side and take his hand in mine I smile at our intertwined hands he doesn't seem to notice and let's go as we walk into the diner.

When we walk in Grayson smiles for the first time all night at the girl who leads us to a table at the back of the small diner. She smiles at me before turning to Grayson and smiles at him a bit to long then says "my name is Savanna I'll be your waitress" staring at Grayson she then pulls a pad of paper from her pocket and a pen "can I start with your drinks?" she asks smiling at Grayson again he smiles back

"I'll have a coke" he says before she turns to me "and you?" she asks smiling fakely "just a water" I say looking down at the menu sadly she nods before walking away. Grayson immediately takes out his phone and starts scrolling I look up at him then frown and look at the menu I'd read on all of our previous dates.

The waitress comes back and drops off our drinks "are you ready to order?" she asks never taking her eyes off Grayson he nods and smiles up at her "I'll have a burger please" he tells her she frowns as she turns to me "you?" she asks rudely I sigh sadly "a salad" I say looking away she turns away and walks off to the kitchen quickly.

Suddenly a thought stricks me and I remember what day it is. I smile and look up at Grayson who was back on his phone but I don't care at this point since he'd done it so many times before. I pull his hand away from his phone and hold it in mine "do you know what day it is?" I ask smirking he looks up from his phone and shrugs "Thursday" he says looking at his calendar I squeeze his hand and smile brighter "no silly" I giggle then smile wider

"it's our one-year anniversary" I tell him he looks up from his phone but not to look at me. He looks behind me at the waitress he pulls his hand away before she can see our entwined hands I sigh as she places our food in front of us. "If you want anything else just call me," she says winking at Grayson I watch as his eyes land on her ass and watch her walk away. As quickly as I can I get up from my seat and walk out of the restaurant feeling even worse when Grayson doesn't follow after me or even say anything.

 As quickly as I can I get up from my seat and walk out of the restaurant feeling even worse when Grayson doesn't follow after me or even say anything