Calico kitty

"I'll name you Marty!" I say aloud as I hold up my new cat, who stared down at me, then to Nara as she rolled over to her side.

"Pffft! Over my ashy buttcheeks!" Nara exclaimed as she sat up and snatched Marty from my hands, then quickly moved to one corner of the foam mattress by the window in the sun room of the house.

Nara lifted the calico over her head and jerked her head back incredulously before giving me a look that I didn't understand.

"You can't name the cat Marty."

"And exactly why not?" I challenge and propped elbows on my knees.

"Because Marty has the same equipment as me and that would bring a sense of embarrassment upon her." I find myself freeze at Nara's statement as she sets the cat back down to run back to me.

As she should. That's my cat.

"Marty may have traditionally been a masculine name, but we can change that! Why can it not be a feminine name too?"

Nara blinked slowly, doing what I assumed to be her taking in all that I've just argued as she normally does during our usual debates, then sighs, crossing her legs at the ankles, then gently folding her hands over her lap to keep the large sweater from riding up higher over her thighs.

"That may be true, but can't it be another name? Marty reminds me of an old, balding, overweight truck driver."

I sat in silence, nodding, but I still liked the name.

"But we can change that perception..." I continued to argue lightly as Nara's cat-like eyes widened at my persistence.

"Bloody hell, I give up!" Nara groaned as she tossed her hands above her head and slid down the wall to lay flat on her back.

"Y'all fight like an old married couple or something." Taehyung voiced from behind me, creating annoying smacking noises as he nibbled on something.

Nara and I simultaneously turned around to set our attention on the raven haired man as he hung upside down on the bench while snacking on cheeto puffs.

"I forgot you were here!" Both Nara and I say, then send each other a funny look.

"Uh huh...I can tell, hence the lack of conversation with me involved..." Taehyung drones and scrolled up on his phone with the hand clean of the orange, artificial cheese, accidentally dropping the rather large gadget on his face.

"AiE!"

Quickly, Nara moved over to him and gave him a big hug, surprising both him and I.

I'd like a hug too.

"I'm sorry." Nara says cutely.

"We'll include you from now on Taehyungie." Nara promised as she rubbed his nose, then stood up and moved back to her seat by the wall. I observed as her hands expertly tied her hair up while scanning her warm eyes over me as I clicked the button on the camera, catching her off guard.

 I observed as her hands expertly tied her hair up while scanning her warm eyes over me as I clicked the button on the camera, catching her off guard