𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

taeyong woke up happy today; a smile on his pretty face as he got ready for the day. sure, it's been tiring as hell for the past few days and it'll be just as tiring today but he just can't help but have a bit of positivity.

it's his birthday today and he wants this day to be happy. not gonna lie, he was hoping for— expecting, birthday greetings from the boys. "they always greeted me well.. what's gonna make it different today?" he asks himself confidently before walking out of his room.

"morning, tae." johnny casually greets, followed by a hum of acknowledgement from doyoung and taeil. not gonna lie, it disappointed him a bit but hey, hope for the best. "good morning, taeyong-hyung~" the youngest members, mark and haechan, greet simultaneously until haechan scoffed at his words. "it's been a while since i called you hyung~" he says, followed by a giggle before cutely grinning at the birthday boy.

why are they being assholes? "bOO-" a small yelp escaped his lips after getting startled by jungwoo and jaehyun. "good one!" jaehyun laughs, giving the younger member a high-five. "honestly jae, suck a dic-" "i don't tolerate mean words like that, tae-" "sHUT UP! i-i'm not even little right meow-"

okay so why are they being literal dickheads? taeyong sighs seeing as nct dream failed to greet him as well- hell, those boys didn't acknowledge him at all! a-and where the hell is pa- y-yuta?! today was going downhill and the exhausting practices were adding more to it so now, taeyong is starting to wonder how he's withstanding the situation.

hours of rigorous dancing later and after an onslaught of crappy reasons to leave taeyong alone in the practice room, taeyong has had it! he sat down on the floor and let out the loudest, saddest cry he could ever let out. his hopes of a very happy birthday was all ruined.

"t-they fogot- a-and p-papa wost!" little taeyong could only ever cry to himself; it was extremely painful because, the way he sees it, his 2nd family failed to remember his birthday.

his sad train of thought was then interrupted by a knock that was reminiscent of the ones anna did for elsa- "taeyong-ge?" he hears a soft voice, followed by a tiny giggle and a few clapping sounds. "hyung? y-yongie-hyung~!" the door was then opened, revealing an extremely cheerful yangyang who ran around wearing a school uniform.

taeyong didn't answer; it was as if he had lost access to every single word he knew. "hyung?" yangyang cutely says, tilting his head sideways and grabbing onto the older's hands. "w-what?" taeyong croaked out sadly, finally looking upright to meet the chinese boy's gaze.

"m-mewwy- h-happy 'iwthyday~!" yangyang yells, signalling the rest of the boys who were crying outside the practice room, all of them witnessed what had happened and all of them held gigantic presents and a massive amount of food as well.

as the 19 members enter, taeyong's cheery nature gradually returned. he was happy to know no one really forgot his birthday- probably... "did you think we forgot, honey?" jaehyun says, laughing with tears flowing down from his eyes. taeyong nods, making the boys cry more. "we're sorry, baby~ w-we wanted to surprise you and it... yeah it fucked up.."

"dada, where papa?" taeyong asks, making everyone smile wider. "he won't appear if you don't close your eyes!" with that said, taeyong immediately closes his eyes, hoping to finally see yuta for today but instead..

"open~!" taeyong obeys, opening his eyes only to be greeted by a giant cat mascot. "uh..." then, its head popped out which.. nearly made taeyong and yangyang cry until yuta's head was finally seen. "happy birthday~?" taeyong then pouts which made yuta frown and made everyone else frown as well.

"papa, carry." taeyong orders, making the others laugh. yuta, though, happily obeys his baby's demand and with a smile, he lifted his prince up. "did we make up for our bad deeds, baby?" "wittle bit-"