Chapter seven

Chapter seven: Chasing stars

"Happy birthday Dream!" Nightmare and Dream's care taker screamed. This year the twins turned five.

The caretaker never cared for Nightmare. If it where up to her, Nightmare would be burning in hell.

She wore a beautiful hot pink dress, her hair was a darker shade of green then her skin.
She seems like a nice and caring monster but if it came down to helping someone, she wouldn't. She'd only help Dream and do whatever he wanted. And left Nightmare to sit in bed with a book.

After Mints death, Nightmare always hid in his room refusing to eat or really do anything.

But the caretaker didn't care. Not even on his birthday.

The caretaker grabbed Dream's hand and started walking stopping to look down at the five year old Dream who didn't move. "Are we going?" She asked, "I'll be right back." Dream said letting go of her hand and ran to Nightmare's room. Nightmare's room was always easy to find, a beautiful shade wood door.

Dream stopped infront of Nightmare's door. He didn't have to knock, already knowing what he would see. Dream opened the door seeing exactly what he expected. A Nightmare curled up into a ball in a corner crying their eye sockets out.

"Nightmare, you should come out of the room." Dream told his older brother as he closed the door walking over to the sad Nightmare. "I'll pass." Nightmare said quietly. "We're five now, we should act like it, not someone who just saw a broken spoon on the ground." Nightmare laughed at the last part. Dream sat by his brother.

"I remember that. We where walking outside when you saw a broken spoon that somehow ended up there. You walked over to the spoon grabbing both halves and insisted on having a funeral for the spoons." Nightmare paused. His smile vanished. "And Mint came out and we had a funeral for the spoon." Nightmare looked at the dark blue carpet. Picking at it.
Dream pat Nightmare's back.

"I don't think Mint would like it if you keep crying over her. She'd just want to be remembered, not forever saddened over. Wait did that last part make sense?" Dream asked, it made Nightmare weakly smile.

"Come on. Let's go. It's not healthy to stay cooped up in your room. Right? Didn't you tell me that?" Dream asked his brother. "I did tell you that," He laughed weakly. "Lets go."

"No,"

"I will not,"

"I won't pet you."

Toby touched Micah/Dream's arm with his nose saying that he wanted to be pet.
If it where up to Toby, he would always be pet he is always happy.

"It's the middle of the night!" Dream/Micah whispered to the fox. Toby barked. "Shh Toby! Your going to wake Killer. And we don't want that do we?" Toby barked again, followed by creaks of a bed. "Toby!" Dream/Micah whispered again patting the fox on the head trying to make him stop. He just barked again. "What is wrong with you? Ever since we got here you've been weird." Dream/Micah whispered.

Killer sat up sleepily. His head bobed up and down in tiredness, he rubbed his eye sockets trying to adjust his pupils to the dark area around him. Toby barked again.
Killer slid off his bed and walked over to Toby, and pat him on the head. Toby stood wagging his tail and pointed to the door with his nose.
"No Toby." Killer told the needy fox. He just barked again.

"Why do I let you control my life?" Killer asked out loud opening the door to the room. Toby sat at the door way, wanting Killer to follow him. Killer growned and walked by the fox. The fox was still not content so he barked again. "At this point you'll wake up the whole resistance." Killer said to the fox. Toby pointed to Dream/Micah with his tail. Dream/Micah stood up, Killer didn't even know that he was awake so he slightly jumped.

Toby perked his ears, saying that he's happy now and walked away from the door, padding down the halls till they got outside.

It was a wonderful scene. The dark blue sky dotted with millions of stars with some other colors like purple and pink. "You couldn't see all of the stars from the castle." Dream/Micah said allowed. "What?" Killer looked over at Dream/Micah. "Er-From the village near the castle I lived near as a kid." Dream/Micah corrected himself. Killer said nothing and speed up his walk and sat down in a grassy area.

Toby looked up at his master(?) Dream/Micah pat Toby on the head and sat down by Killer looking up at the stars.
Killer layed down on the grass and sighed. Dream/Micah pulled his knees to his chest and Toby chased a moth. That he somehow found.

What a nice night for the two skeletons and the fox.

_______________________________________________________
Who's ready for somthing actually new?

I'm going to start getting the other ships out of the way starting with Crossmare, after that what ship should I do next?

Can't Toby see that Killer wants sleep?

869 words

~Flowey2424