Vegas

Hy guys, sorry in advance for the very short chapter. I'm just posting because I don't want to leave you guys so long without an update. I'll try to post again tomorrow or the day after that. I'm finally on vacation, thank God! Hahah

The news that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were going to sing at the Oscars was spreading quickly, and soon magazines, radio shows and the fans were talking about it. Stefani couldn't be more excited. Of course she had been at the Oscars before and even performed it there, but with Bradley, it was going to be a completely different experience. They talked and agreed to start rehearsing for it a few weeks earlier, so there they were, sitting in the bench at her piano, going over and over through the song.

-So, how do you really wanna do this? - she said after twenty minutes of rehearsing.

-What do you mean? - he was so lost looking at her eyes that he almost didn't hear the question. She laughed at his way and said:

-You're the director here, how do you want us to perform?

-Well, you're the performer, you tell me - he teased back. She rolled her eyes and said, touching his arm.

-I'm serious, how do you want us to do it?

-I've been thinking about it, and I came up with some ideas.

-I'm all ears.

-So - he turned in the bench do he was facing more her way -I want us to be facing each other throughout the whole performance, to make it quite intimate. I also want the audience to be lit, with some big yellow lights...

-Those are great ideas brad, I love it! - she smiled. -We could also go to the stage directly from the audience, so we wouldn't need any introduction

-Thank God you're giving ideas, I thought I would have to do all the work - he sighed and she laughed, appreciating that the mood between them was so light this days. Stefani was brought back to reality by Bradley, that said:

-Hey, Earth to stefani! - while shaking her arm.

-Sorry, I was just thinking...

-Penny for your thoughts?

-I was thinking it would be nice if you came to my next show I'm doing in Vegas - she couldn't just say what she was actually thinking, or else the mood between them would go from light to heavy in a matter of seconds, and thinking about it, having Bradley at her next show wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Sure, of course I can come!

-And you know what else? You can come on the stage and we can sing shallow together! - Stefani had this crazy idea, and it was actually, a great idea.

-I-I don't think so Stef - he said roaming a hand through his hair.

-Why not? It would be good practice for the oscars, for you to sing in front of a audience again would be good.

-Yeah, but I don't know, what if your little monsters don't want me there?

-Oh stop it, they love you and you know it.

-Okay, fine we can do it...

-Yayy!! - she jumped into him, putting her arms around his neck and burring her face on his neck. It's been a while since they talked about their feelings for each other, it's like they came back to just normal friends, but deep down, they know how the other feel, but they just prefer not to talk about it, because the realization of loving and not having is too much for them to take.

Stefani came out of the hug and said:

-But now let's rehearse some more

They sang for more half and hour, when they decided to stop and hang out in her backyard, where they talked over a glass of wine while played a bit with her dogs.

--------------

The day of her show in Vegas came and Bradley was sitting in the audience, nervous that at anytime she could call him and he would have to go to the stage and sing. She did her whole show and at the end of it, he recognized the beginning chords of shallow, so she would call him at any moment now.