Nick snarled low at the man, feeling Vlad's arm tighten around him.

"He-He's okay Nick!" Riley hurried out, James's dominant side not allowing Riley any closer to Nick when he looked ready to rip someone apart.

"Please let him explain Nick," John having hurried over to his mate, having finish up some paperwork so he could meet his soon to be mate in the hospital wing.

"I do not blame you if you wish to attack me shifter," Zayden bowing his head in shame.

"No!" John gasped, hurrying over to hug his mate, Zayden kneeling down in front of Nick , hands displayed in front of him; a vulnerable position.

Nick snarled low, Vlad holding him almost crushingly.

"He wasn't in his right mind Nick!" John pleaded, Zayden shoving John behind him easily with a large hand.

"I was still one to cause him pain, my love, and for him to be so close to death. Both should feel obligated to harm me in turn," Zayden said gently.

John let a broken cry fall from his lips, tears slipping down his cheeks.

"You had no control over what you were doing. Underwood used you as a pawn to get what he wanted. You've been helping everyone in my family to redeem the things you had no control over. I have already forgiven you," Vlad said gently, hoping his hard headed mate would slowly forgive the man too.

Nick scowled, feeling confused. Here was the man who hurt his best friend and Dad, yet he wasn't in control at the time. Nick slid off the bed to stand in front of Zayden; the huge man still reaching up to Nick's chest while kneeling.

There was suddenly a blur of black and armor in front of Nick, John standing in front of his kneeling mate.

"If you believe he should be punished, I will take whatever punishment you are going to give him," John's voice determined even while shaking.

"No-!" Zayden gasped, snapping his head up in shock.

"Nick..." Riley whispered, Nick's black eyes looking at Riley, seeing his group of friends and family worried and in shock at him.

Nick didn't understand why. It's not like he was really going to hurt the guy if everyone was saying how he wasn't in control. Underwood being behind it made more sense if that were the case.

"I offer myself for whatever punishment, please," John whispered, Zayden looking stunned. Nick was shocked and happy for his friend, since he had hung out with John several times.

"I won't allow this!" Zayden hissed, his magic having hardly any affect on his mate; John an immovable barrier in front of him.

"And I love you so I am doing this!" John growled, Zayden's black eyes wide.

John lifted his chin, looking at Nick.

"Nick," Vlad said sternly, Nick walking around the two, deadly quiet, like a beast stalking its prey.

"Tell me why you love him," Nick said slowly. John's breath stuttering.

"He works hard. He's kind and gentle and his magic is for good. He likes spending time with me and telling me stories of his life. I love that he wants me for who I am even with all the little quirks I have that probably annoy him. He's sweet to his grandmother and playful with Riley. He cares about everyone here and worked hard on healing everyone since his magic has mostly healing  properties. I love the way he looks at me and touches me and makes me feel special," John said, a blush high on his cheeks.

"Awe!" Nick squealed, hugging John who flinched before relaxing, and then smiling.

"I wasn't sure who Zayden was but I guess it's this guy you guys were talking about, so I was super confused for a second! He is definitely your type," Nick giggling, making John blush all the way down to his neck.