Explaining Fears

Doctor Mysh was sitting on the edge of Eric's bed, rubbing Eric's back as he took several deep ragged breaths from the special inhaler the doctor had given to him.

"I'm glad you were able to get almost five days of sleep in. I know you're still tired, but do you feel any better?" Doctor Mysh asked.

Eric shrugged, his heart a twisted thing in his chest. Eric felt depressed. By everything.

"Mark has been waiting outside your room every day, until I give him permission to come in. He won't be able to stay long. The time frame for you to no longer be contagious will end in two days," Doctor Mysh said gently. Eric twisted and bunched the edge of his duvet, Doctor Mysh's hand on top of them to stop it.

"I know you're upset, Eric. Don't think I don't. But believe me when I say that Mark has been just as forlorn as you. You both need to talk. Now what would you like to do?" Victor asked gently. Eric hurriedly wiped away the tears that had left him. His lips were badly chapped, the area around his eyes looking bruised and he was very thin. Eric hadn't been able to eat much at all. That was saying something since he couldn't eat real food while unconscious.

"T-Two d-d-days," Eric choked out, Doctor Mysh frowning sadly at Eric's stutter coming back.

"Alright. Get some rest then," Victor said quietly, patting Eric's hand. Eric looked at the wall as the doctor left, wiping more runaway tears from down his cheeks.

Eric hadn't told anyone that he had been having visions.

Eric's hand was glowing with his magic around Nick's chest; why, he didnt know. Eric had Seen the high witch fussing around bassinets. Nick was by her, patting the back of a small baby. The vision had moved to the man Mark had mentioned to him named Laketon, who was snarling like mad in chains in front of Vlad and the vampire council, Nick in the back with his hand on his belly. Riley was next to him, holding a small bundle in his arms that had a poof of black hair.

Eric suddenly saw himself, a letter on the table inside his and Mark's bedroom. It was addressed to him. It was weird for Eric to See himself. He felt himself gape at the slightly protruding belly vision-Eric had, who was looking at the letter curiously. The vision moved, Eric seeing Alex collapsing onto a floor, soldiers talking about routine barracks checks.

The vision went black, Eric blinking furiously at the dim lights in his room. It must have been several hours, the clock in the room now reading midnight. If Eric's days started blurring like this, he wouldnt know what to do.

Eric only hoped he didn't have any other visions or his sleep deprivation would get worse.

Eric must have slept a full day, a different number for the day being displayed on the digital clock on the bedside table. Had it already been two days?

There was a knock on the door, Eric's heart hammering into his throat, Doctor Mysh walking in. Eric visibly relaxed, the doctor checking his heart and lungs. Eric still wasn't sure if he was ready to see Mark yet.

"Your lungs have cleared up almost completely. You'll still be on the inhaler for the inflammation so use it as necessary. Your blood indicated your infection is now minimal, so we'll consider you much less contagious," Doctor Mysh said with relief, Eric knowing it was just stress that was exhausting his body now.

"Mark is waiting outside," Victor said quietly, Eric gripping the edge of the duvet hard. Victor slowly got up, giving Eric one last worried glance as he left the room. Eric knew the exact second Mark was in the room, his scent washing over him. Eric didn't look up from his lap, not sure what to do or say.

Mark was just as quiet, Eric's hands shaking when the man got ever closer.

"Eric?" Mark whispered, like a breath leaving him. Eric bit his bottom lip that was trembling, feeling tears prick his eyes.