Claiming What's Mine

I want to say that this is a pretty graphic chapter so you have been warned! Okay, enjoy :)

When Riley woke up he heard whispering before seeing himself somewhere else. He snapped his head up before calming down when he realized he was in James' apartment.

"Hey sleepy head. You kind of passed out through most of the day. Now its 5:00PM and James made dinner. For a guy that drinks blood he's a pretty good cook, " Eric said softly, smiling at Riley. Riley blinked a few times before getting up slowly, his body aching. He saw that James and Nick were quietly talking before looking up to see Riley. James piled a bunch of food onto his plate.

"My stomach isn't this big you know," Riley pouted.

"Well stomachs expand so I'm sure you can manage," James huffed. James had made cordon bleu with broccoli. 

"Wow! This is so yummy James!" Riley said happily making James smile and for everyone at the table to relax a little. There was just small talk at the table considering they wanted Riley to eat since he was so skinny, knowing that the talk about his adoptive parents would make him (and most likely them) lose their appetites. James took Riley's hand, once he was done with his food, dragging him sit in the living room; Eric and Nick following.

James' living room was large. It had a couch and love seat set, a flat screen t.v. that was hooked up to an xbox, and a coffee table with some thick looking books on them. 

James and Riley sat on the love seat while Nick and Eric took the couch.

"Okay Riley my love, please tell us everything," James said softly. James hated forcing Riley to talk about things he didn't want to, but everything had gotten so out of control that he wasn't going to give Riley much of a choice. Riley nodded gravely knowing it was time to be a hundred percent truthful. Riley's back began to ache badly before Riley remembered that he probably had some cuts from a vase being thrown at him.

"U-Um, James do you have a med kit by chance?" Riley asked nervously making James, Nick and Eric stiffen at the question.

"No... I'm a vampire and it's hard to hurt me. No medical supplies can usually help me. But wait here for a few minutes love. Can you two help him while I'm gone?" James asked, receiving a nod from both Nick and Eric. 

James ran out of the house in a blur before Eric and Nick looked at him worriedly. Riley slowly removed his hoodie, flinching at the pain, before trying to lift up his shirt. Eric and Nick noticing this, went over to help before seeing quite a bit of blood on his shirt. 

"Lay on your stomach Riley," Eric said tightly, his voice seeming to get caught in his throat.

"Nick sweetheart can you get a bowl of water, an empty bowl, and a rag. Oh and call James to make sure there are tweezers in the medical kit," Nick straightened up significantly, like a soldier that was just ordered by his commander, before running off to get the supplies. Meanwhile, Eric grabbed a pillow from the couch so Riley could rest his head on it.

"Here," Nick said softly, Riley almost hearing Nick close to tears. 

"I'm back, I got-" James just came into the living room before dropping the unopened med kit on the floor.

"Oh god, my mate!" James all but yelled as he covered his arm over his nose.

"James is it safe for us to be here or no?" Eric asked seriously seeing James stiffen, his eyes turning red.

"I have control over the scent of his blood since I was able to scent mark him a few days ago. My temper towards those assholes is another story," James said seriously as Eric nodded. Nick grabbed the med kit before bringing over a desk lamp to light up Riley's back. Eric began to slowly, and with the grace of an artist, pull out some shards of glass that seemed to have gotten stuck in Riley's back. Since he put on gloves he felt down Riley's back that had dried blood here and there, not feeling anything jagged hitting his fingers.