Another Morning

Time went slowly. Oh so slowly. There were a few scares with Alex and Nick. Nick had to have a second surgery along with Alex because of the internal bleeding.

Morning was inevitable though, and another weight off of everyone's shoulders. Their mates had made it through the night. So now they had to wait, to see when they woke up.

It had been ten days and no one had woken up. Iosiph was pacing, practically putting a rut where he was.

A groan was suddenly heard, everyone looking up to see who it was before seeing that Warlock waking up slowly.

John raced over to him, sitting in front of him.

"Hello" John whispered, "do you remember me?"

The Warlock looked at him confused before realization was in his eyes. The seven foot tall heavily muscled man grabbed John, hugging him tightly. He pulled away quickly, examining the bruise that was on John's cheek from all the thrashing he had done, hitting his mate in the process.

"I'm alright" John smiled softly, the Warlock's eyes softening.

"Hello" The man spoke softly, his voice very gentle, "My name is Zayden"

He kissed the back of John's hand, making John blush, looking away with a smile.

"Zayden" Mark stood stiffly, Zayden standing tall as well. He even overlooked Mark by a good five inches. John was a foot shorter than Zayden, looking very cute next to him.

"I am sorry for doing anything that harmed your mates" Zayden spoke softly again, looking at Vlad seeing him frowning, looking back at Nick, "Underwood had used a dark magic which had trapped me, forcing that collar on to me. I hardly remember anything."

"Is there anything you can do?" Vlad asked brokenly, cradling Nick's cheek in his hand.

"My grandmother could. Her healing is much better then mine since she is a grand high witch. I can heal a little until she gets here. I owe you much more than that as it is" Zayden bowed slightly to Vlad who sighed, nodding.

Zayden held his hands together, blowing light into them, before a dove appeared in his hands once he opened them.

"Woah" John whispered, Zayden showing him the bird for John to pet who was smiling happily, making Zayden smile as well. Zayden wrote a message, sending the bird out of the room.

"If I may" Zayden placed his hand on his heart, bowing slightly to Vlad who nodded. Zayden placed his hands on to Nick's body, the white light in his hands that were turning to a faint green. Dr. Mysh watched him carefully, making notes of where Zayden was checking. Zayden sighed after about an hour, removing his hands.

"Underwood knew what he was doing when he asked me to forcefully un-shapeshift him"

"What does that mean?" Vlad's voice catching in his throat.

"The doctor did his work well, stopping the bleeding. You must understand. Shape shifters are rare. Everything in their bodies change size to fit the animal. When someone tries force them out of that shape, it's like trying to force a delicate organ to became twice as large or twice as small in a few seconds. It's fatal to the body usually, but he must have had great willpower to withstand such pain. Grandmother will have to look at him. There isn't much I could do but slow down more of his internal bleeding."

Vlad's eyes became downcast, not moving from Nick's side just like before; his face like stone.

Zayden did the same bowing motion to James, who nodded. Zayden placed his hand onto Riley's belly and one hand over his heart.