Vlad & Nick 1

Nick was practically chasing Vlad down the hall. Why did that man with such a lovely ass have to move so fast, especially from him!? And he was a running back for his high school football team!

Nick was puffing as he looked around the empty corridor before harumphing to himself. Vlad ran into a room trying to breathe and not get sucked in by those beautiful stormy gray eyes or that alluring citrus and shea leaf scent that was just calling Vlad to claim him.

"Damn it," Vlad paced for a few minutes trying to figure out how to avoid the blond with his giant calculating brain.

Vlad took in a deep breath after a few minutes knowing most humans got bored easily, stepping out of the room. He fully relaxed seeing no one in the corridor before making his way to one of the studies around the corner on the second floor.

"Vlad!" Nick said happily the second Vlad turned the corner making said man freeze before glaring hard at the blond. Nick shyly smiled at him, Vlad not understanding how the blond could still smile at him after giving the guy the cold shoulder.

Don't look at me with your cute gray eyes Vlad tried to think angrily, but nearly smacked himself for saying the guy's eyes were cute.

"W-Well it's just that... we are mates? Aren't we? Why do you keep avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" Nick asked softly only looking at Vlad curiously and not with anger or frustration. That really almost through Vlad off who shook his head to get rid of the shock. No one usually looked at him that way.

Vlad scoffed at Nick making Nick lift his eyebrow up in question.

"Isn't it obvious?" Vlad sneered making Nick blink in confusion.

"U-Um, no?"

"Of course it isn't to you. You're a pathetic little human that's too young to understand anything and is so far beneath me I highly doubt your standing is of any worth to anyone even with other people. So why don't you just leave me alone. I hate talking to you, I hate hearing your voice, and I hate you."

Vlad growled feeling something painful stab him in the chest for a moment. Nick must have felt it too because his eyes were rimmed with tears before standing tall, nose in the air.

"For a guy James said was super smart, you're exceedingly narrow minded," Nick said angrily, shocking Vlad before Nick ran down the hallway quickly.

Vlad growled, crossing his arms, muttering the words narrow minded to himself angrily.

Nick had made it out of the mansion somehow to where he was in the small town, resting his back against a building. He let his tears fall, letting out silent cries, before quickly wiping his face. His chest hurt and the flame he could feel in his body was starting to get low and flicker; as if on the verge of going out.

Nick sniffed hard before straightening his back, walking around the small town. He looked here and there, pretty much window shopping as he took out his smooth brown leather covered notebook. He separated a page as he wrote down the things he wanted. He was going to ask James later if there was a mechanics shop around here that he could work at by chance. Pretty much anything to stay out of that mansion and away from Vlad for a moment.

Nick couldn't read Russian to save his life, so he was looking for something that looked even remotely like a library or book store. From what he could tell it had been a few hours as he snuggled further into his warm coat, before seeing that the direction he was going had very little shops.

He didn't see very many houses once leaving the shopping center he guessed, but something caught his eye. It was several hundred yards out but it looked to be a building that was all by its lonesome. He walked slowly through the snow covered street that seemed to be getting narrower and narrower, before turning into a walkway; weird.