Acceptance

Chapter 2

(James' POV)

I've gotten jobs, been with a few people, but none of them were my mate so things never lasted long. What with the endless amount of time on my hands I've made enough money to last me a while, but I'd been searching for my mate a long time. Maybe not in the terms of a vampire, but things get repetitive.

Did I forget to mention that besides long walks and jamming to music I enjoy the occasional blood bag? No? Well surprise! Though I don't like talking about myself we'll get back to me later, I need to concentrate on finding this English class.

I don't know why I moved to the United States, but something in my gut told me it'd be worth my while. I swear the loneliness was eating me up; maybe thats why I used my real name this time. Maybe I wanted to be found and stop the running. 

When I entered the right classroom I barely noticed that the teacher, I think her name is Mrs. Peri-something-or-other, introduced me to the class. I was going to sigh again considering everyone was gaping at me. Seriously? Do I look like a piece of meat? I swear, I'm somewhat glad I switched to guys, these chicks were freaking me out. Can high school girls even afford plastic surgery? Cause some of those balloons looked like they'd pop with a pin! Suddenly, I noticed a smell. Why didn't I notice it before!? It was like sweet rain and warm coffee. It warmed my insides and I felt the frozen solitude I made for myself unthaw. My eyes immediately looked to the person at the back of the room.

Dear lord he is gorgeous. Father would definitely approve, right? 

He made my mind go fuzzy and I'm sure if my heart wasn't literally dead it would be beating in a frenzy. I was sure I had tunnel vision for a moment because I was instantly in love. He looked at me and his eyes had me swimming in happiness; those beautiful golden brown and green eyes. He had porcelain skin and soft black hair. He looked pretty small but hey, he was an adorable size for cuddling. I may be a little, possessive, already. I could feel my lips moving up in a smile. He suddenly looked down shyly and I could see a blush on his cheeks.

Awe! My mate is so cute! Don't worry my belovéd, I will win your heart. I will give up all of my immortality if I have to, thats a promise.

"...Why don't you sit next to Mr. Harte? Mr. Harte will you please raise your hand?" The teacher asked politely and I was about to bounce up and down when my cute little mate raised his hand nervously.

My mate already has my heart thats for sure 

I started walking towards the back before the room exploded with shrill voices.

"He can't sit there! It's social suicide!"

"Yeah! You can sit by me James!"

"No me!"

"You can't sit next to him or you'll catch his gay!"

"The loser doesn't even know how to talk!"

"Besides he's a loner and has no friends! You're better off hanging with us"

Who did these ignorant people think they are!? Being cruel to my mate, I'd kill them on the spot or leave them to the dogs. I clenched my fists in anger seeing the sadness in my beloved's face. I had to use all the willpower I had to make sure my eyes didn't start glowing red. I was going to literally slap the stupid brunet who was trying to make my mate cry and get into my pants. I'll show these people they can't control me or get near my mate ever again. 

"When I want your opinion I'll ask for it," I practically growled making everyone gasp. Probably because most of the people in this class were either homophobic or popular in a way they thought they were better than anyone else. I could feel my pants get a little tighter seeing my beloved shiver at my voice.