Chapter Fifteen

Sunday, 8:38 p.m. - Hizashi

Somehow, Hizashi had convinced Shota to come out and eat dinner with him. He knew that his friend was preoccupied with his students and the upcoming training camp, so he was surprised when he agreed, especially since he was sure Aizawa was still mad at him.

However, he was certain that the other pro hero would probably be even more upset with him after the dinner. Considering that the blond had taken the letter (Y/n) had intended for Shota to read, Hizashi would guess that he probably wouldn't eat out with him for a while.

That was okay though, because he was kind of pissed at his friend too.

It was just really frustrating when you knew your best friend for well over a decade was in danger, and your other best friend for about the same time, as well as that friends significant other, didn't give a damn about it!

Sure their relationship wasn't in the best place right now, especially since she kicked him out, but you don't just stop caring about someone overnight! That just doesn't happen! No matter how mentally sound you are.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Hizashi took a sip from his drink. It was too early to be getting so worked up. There was probably some logical explanation for his friends behavior anyways.

"You had something you wanted to talk about?"

And that's his cue, "Oh right! The other day you said you weren't interested in (Y/n)'s letter, but I was so I went and picked it up."

"You what?"

"It was kind of disappointing—-I'm sure you'd probably appreciate it more—-especially since it didn't have the information I was looking for."

"You read it? That was meant for-"

There we go.

"I thought you couldn't care less about it?"

The other man sat down, pouting, "I really don't want to read it. It's just irrational for you to steal a letter with potentially personal information and read it."

Hizashi frowned, "It's technically not stealing since she asked me to make sure you get it.

He produced the letter from his pocket, holding it up in the air. Despite his best efforts, Shota couldn't ignore the paper.

"I don't see why you brought it. I already told you: whatever she needs to tell me, she can-"

"Don't you think that it's odd that (Y/n) even bother to write you a letter?"

"Why would it-"

"When she moved away to Kyoto, she didn't even bother telling anybody she was leaving. No lengthy goodbyes, no letters, no voicemails. Just up and left. It wasn't a secret that she was living there. She told anyone who asked."

Aizawa stayed silent.

Frowning, Hizashi continued, "I think that (Y/n) wrote this and left me that voicemail because she has the idea that she's going to die."

"Don't be ridiculous. She's not-"

"Think about it Shota! Just think about everything that's happened these past few weeks, the weird behavior, the voicemail, the sudden disappearance! She won't tell anyone where she's at!"

His friend remained silent.

"C'mon Shota, you're killing me here!"

Still nothing.

Sighing in defeat, he tossed the letter onto the table. "Fine. Don't care. I won't mention it to you again, then we can stop talking about this whole ordeal. I'm going to go pay."