Chapter Eleven (Unedited)

(A//n: You can skip the first part if you want. Just go to the FIRST ITALICIZED section!)

"I honestly don't know what you want from me (Y/n)," your sister gave a bitter laugh.

Once you had returned from your meeting with Toshiro, you had decided to call your sister. This past week, your mother had been continuously asking when she would come and visit. You knew you would be asking a lot from her to come, but it was worth a try.

You sighed, "I just... Don't you think you could catch a flight and visit Mom in the hospital? I'll even pay for your ticket-"

"Why?"

"... Well the doctor doesn't think she'll last much longer, and I-"

"You what? You want me to come and tell her that I forgive her and love her to make her feel better about herself, huh?"

"You don't necessarily have to forgive her-" you tried.

"What? Do you have any idea what I went through?"

"Of course I do. I'm not-"

"Why would I go visit that woman and tell her I forgive her for traumatizing me? Huh? What about everything she did to you? Did you forget about that?"

"No, I-"

She laughed, "Oh I get it. You're doing this just to feel better about yourself. You're being selfish."

"I would never-"

"I'm not going. Fuck you for ever thinking I would." Click.

You fell back into a chair, burying your face in your hands. Were you really being selfish? Asking too much? You should have known your sister would have reacted so vehemently. After all, she did move all the way to the states just to get away from your mother...

Groaning, you scrubbed your face.

Why were you like this?

Was it really so hard to just even consider how other people would feel? You sister was certainly a lot more bitter about the whole ordeal than you were. It would be common sense to anyone that asking her to com would result in more unnecessary pain, especially between the two of you.

Suddenly, your phone began to ring, drawing you out of your thoughts. Wiping a hot tear from your cheek, you checked the caller ID: Hizashi.

"Hello."

"Don't be mad at me."

"What did you do?" you whined.

"Are you alright? Did something happen?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure? You sound-"

"Hizashi what did you do?"

"I may or may not have lost Shota."

Blinking, you shook your head in confusion, "... You what now?"

"I lost him,... and he's kinda drunk."

Groaning, you asked, "How in the world do you lose a grown-ass man?"

"Well you see, about that-"

"I'm going to stop you there," you pinched the bridge of your nose, "Where did you see him last?"

"We were at that new restaurant that opened last week, and then we went to the bar just across the street. He must have ran off when I was paying because when I turned around he was gone!"

"Have you tried calling him? I could use locate my phone... I don't know his password though..."

"You know, I bet his password is something really cheesy like (Y/n)4eva or like your birthday or something."