Chapter Nine (Unedited)

Once you had left your house, you had walked around aimlessly, anger coursing through you. There was no destination in mind, just a desire to get away.

Eventually , your anger began to ebb away, but instead, doubt and worry began to settle in. It was, after all, very misleading when you spent a good portion of time with Toshiro. Especially since you hide a lot from Shota. He doesn't even know about why you suddenly went to Kyoto nor why you left.

Why didn't you tell him anything? Maybe you were afraid. Afraid that he might abandon you like everyone at some point in your life has. Maybe he would think that in reality you were too much to handle or even that you were not who he thought he had fallen in love with.

Why am I like this?

"-Someone please hel- mph!" Came someone's voice.

Breaking into a sprint, you rounded the corner to see a group of men attacking a woman.

"Hey, that's enough!"

Some turned to look at you snickering. "It looks like we got anoth'r one."

Using your quirk, you increased the probability that none of them would use their quirk on you to 100%. You couldn't risk one of their quirks hitting you, especially with this many of them.

Two immediately came at you. Dodging underneath their arms, you picked up a stray piece of metal from the ground and swung as hard as you could at the back of the head of one of them, knocking him out.

Another grabbed you from behind to restrain you. Giving him a sharp elbow to his stomach, you tore out of his grasp and whacked him with the piece of metal. Dodging a fist, you twisted your body to deliver a high kick to one of their faces.

One by one you took down the men, until two were left. Gasping for air, you charged forward, hitting one from behind the knees, knocking him down. Before you could ready for another attack, you were shoved harshly into a wall.

Letting out a hiss, you shakily stood back up, only to receive a punch to your face. A copper taste filled your mouth.

"Not so tough now?" He grabbed you and slammed you against the wall, choking you.

Leaning in close, he placed a gruff kiss on your cheek. "You're even better than the last one," he whispered against your skin.

Dark spots began to fill your vision as you gasped for air. Shit.

Suddenly he let you go, saying something you couldn't hear. You coughed, tears stinging your eyes. Looking up, you saw the woman, shakily holding up the piece of metal you had dropped earlier.

Staggering forward, you launched yourself on the man's back, tightly wrapping an arm around his neck. He struggled, thrashed around violently, and scratched at your arms to make you let go. The man even slammed you against the nearby buildings several times, until he finally passed out.

"Ma'am are you alright?" You asked, your throat still burning. "Ma'am, it's okay now. You can put that down now. You're safe."

Standing, you made your way to her. She lowered the object, dropping it, before crying out. The woman threw herself at you and sobbed loudly. The two of you fell to your knees.

"Shh. It's okay, it's okay," You soothed her.

"I-I-I was s-s-so sc-scared..." she shakily whispered

"Is everything alright? I heard a scream so I came running," a voice came.

Weirdly angling your head, you saw Kamui Woods.