Chapter Four (Revised)

Maybe your heart fluttered a little too much in your chest; your smile a tad too wide. But, you paid no mind.

Tossing your hero costume aside, in favor of something a little more formal. Not too formal. Although, your wardrobe seemed to fail you, with various outfits strewn about your room, not quite making the cut.

The feeling in your chest began to twist.

I don't know what to wear-

Bzzt bzzt.

You grabbed your phone, the screen lit up with a picture of your sister.

"Hello?"

"Name, I bought tickets for a cruise recently, but Ash got tied down by an incident at work. Do you wanna come?"

"Sorry, I'm busy with work. School's still in session, not to mention I've been asked to help out with a couple missions in other cities. I'd love to go otherwise."

"You neveeeeeeeeeeeeer get to do anything fun!"

"I do too; I'm just busy every time you want to do something."

"Honestly I think it's just you overworking yourself. I mean, do you ever have any down time?"

"I'm going on a date today, for your information."

"A date! No way! Who is it? Tell me who you're going out with... You're not getting back together with that Ito guy are you?"

"No!"

"You better not be lying to me. I will fly my ass back to Japan and slap some sense into you if you are."

You laughed, "I'd like to see you try... Actually, I'm having some trouble picking out what to wear; would you mind helping?"

"Hell yeah! Switch to a video call! Oh- let me get Ash in here!"

~~~~

Despite having set several alarms to ensure you would be ready on time, your sister and her husband managed to keep you hostage a little longer than necessary. Luckily enough, Shouta hadn't seemed to have minded much.

After finishing dinner, you stood up to put away your dishes, but he took them away from you. Whatever protests you made went ignored in favor his excuse.

"You're my guest."

"Oh fine."

Glancing back at you, he inquired, "I forgot to ask... Why were you late today?"

"You forgot? What were you too distracted by me?" You teased.

His silence answered you. Even though his back was to you, you knew his cheeks were pink.

Giggling, you continued, "I was on the phone with my sister. She and her significant other took a very long time picking my outfit."

"Oh?" he cleared his throat, "How is she doing?"

"Pretty good. She wants me to go vacationing with her since her husband is too busy with work, but I turned it down."

"Husband? I thought she had married Sophia?"

You nodded, "His name is Ash."

"Suites him."

"They're thinking about having a vow renewal so they can redo their wedding. We should go together when they do. I'm sure they'd love to see you again, especially since you missed their last one."

"I don't know; I'm not really one for weddings..."

"Please Sho? You're the only person I'd want to go with."