Vines Can be of Great Help (Somewhat Explicit)

Revised: 8/2021
Tags/Warnings: Mocking, insulting, dubcon, teasing
Summary: Harry and Draco, under Slughorn's potion tutelage of sixth year, are searching through the Forbidden Forest to find a potion ingredient necessary for the end-of-year project. A random insult gets Draco to react more than usual, getting Harry tangled up in foliage. 
Notes: Please understand that though this one shot is explicit, most of these won't be and I will be clear before the chapter starts if they are. So if this isn't your thing, that's okay! There are many more one shots to enjoy. Also, Given that I am rewriting this, the comments aren't going to make sense anymore, especially those that had been attached to specific sentences/paragraphs. But I encourage you guys to make new ones! I love feedback, and I can't tell you how happy I am to have finally improved this one shot. This will hold true for each chapter I revise! Enjoy!

~~~

Harry and Draco tread carefully through the thick greenery of the Forbidden Forest. A lumos caused both of their wands to glow where they were, held out in front of them. It was still daylight, but the large trees surrounding them draped almost the entirety of the ground in darkness. Slughorn had insisted that 'back in his day' students foraged for their potion ingredients regularly as part of the curriculum, and had implemented it with his sixth- and seventh-year students. Though he only required them to find a single item for their potion as part of their final project, no one was happy to be doing it at all.

"This is bloody ridiculous! Everything in this stupid forest is covered in vines, how are we supposed to find the one type Slughorn wants?" Harry complained, raising his wand to shed it's light further away from him.

"Because it is the only one with blue flowers, obviously. Did you even look at the picture of them in the textbook? Or was there not one in that ancient piece of junk you're using?" Draco said. Though Harry couldn't see him, he knew an irritating eyebrow was raised in his direction. "My textbook is perfectly fine, you know that. And why would I look at the picture? I knew you were going to take care of it."

Draco scoffed in annoyance. "When are you going to learn to do your own work? You can't cheat off me forever."

Harry rolled his eyes dramatically, ignoring the snort that came from Draco. He looked about, desperately hoping to see some sort of blue anywhere around. At this rate, it would take them until dark to make it back to the castle, possibly missing dinner. They searched in silence for several more minutes of walking before Harry finally spotted what he thought was the right plant.

"Over here!" He called out to Draco, beckoning him to come closer from where he had wandered away. Draco approached, creeping over sticks and moss in an almost ridiculous why. It reminded Harry of the ballet dancers Aunt Petunia sometimes watched on the telly. The thought made Harry laugh. Draco glared up at him, snarling. "These are designer shoes and I refuse to have them ruined by mud and whatever else lives here!"

"You're an idiot for wearing fancy shoes when you knew we were doing this."

"They're all I own, arsehole," Draco continued to glare at him the entire way, coming to a stop besides Harry. With a huff he crossed his arms, gesturing curtly to the vines with brilliant blue flowers in front of them. "Go on, get it. I won't be doing it for you this time."

Harry rolled his eyes at Draco's dramatics. "Just hold the light up so I can use a cutting charm," he told Draco, diminishing his own light. He strode forward a few steps and crouched in front of a thick gathering of the vines. They were a dark green, and absolutely covered in large leaves and flowers. The flowers were an attractive dark blue with a slightly lighter center, and were utterly appealing in every way. Harry wondered if their appeal had anything to do with why they were being used in a potion meant to booster self-confidence. He thought about asking Draco, but decided not to since he could still feel the glares against his back.

Harry carefully cast cutting charms against the vines, gathering five strands that were at least a foot long each. He showed his bundle to Draco, brandishing it high. "This look right?"

Draco just nodded, and tossed him the bag he had been carrying on his waist. Harry made sure to turn away before he rolled his eyes at the blond, but it was a close call. He stored the vines, and then threw the bag back at Draco when he stood.

Draco caught the bag with an affronted look. "These need to be in good condition for us to use them at all, wanker."

"Okay, sure. Let's just get back," Harry waved him off. He was far too use to this kind of dialogue to be very phased. He understood Draco, and he would go back to his usual demeanor once his pride had healed.

Harry had walked several paces ahead of Draco, not checking to see if the man was following him. He was far enough not to hear the whispered spell Draco cast, and barely noticed the vine that was suddenly jetting toward him. He yelped, raising an arm to block it from hitting his face but the vegetation just wrapped around his wrist and yanked him against the base of the tree it grew around.

Harry looked for Draco to help him, but the Slytherin was standing a few feet away with his arms crossed, his foot tapping against the ground. "What the fuck?" Harry said, yanking his arm against the vine with no avail. "Let me out!" Harry reached for his wand, but it had fallen out of his other hand when he was yanked away, and now laid out of arms reach on the forest floor.

Draco raised his eyebrows at him, not saying anything. Harry stared at him incredulously. "What? You want me to apologize?" When Draco just stared at him, Harry rubbed the bridge of his nose with his free hand. "Okay. Okay. I am sorry I insulted your shoes. They are very nice." Harry knew he hadn't been able to keep the sarcasm out of his voice. He wasn't sure he really wanted to, given how absolutely ridiculous Draco was being.

Draco clicked his tongue at him, shaking his head. "I do understand sincerity when I do and don't hear it. Try again." Draco waved his wand once more, and another vine grabbed Harry's free wrist and pulled it taught against the tree trunk.

"You have got to be kidding me! Are you serious?" Harry stared at Draco, hoping he would give the act up soon.

But Draco just shook his head again and approached him until he was only a few inches from Harry. It was Harry's turn to glare, though Draco was as unfazed as Harry had been. Draco leaned closer, letting his lips and breath ghost against Harry's ear. "Apologize." When Draco pulled away, it was to see a flush creeping up Harry's neck. "You're seriously doing this now? In the middle of the Forest?"

"We're hardly that deep in the forest, Harry. And yes, I am doing this now because this is a serious matter and a perfect opportunity to maybe get something to finally stick in your skull." Harry rolled his eyes, still annoyed despite the blood rushing through his body. "And what lesson would that be?" He droned, trying to show how unamused he was.

Draco softly placed his hands on either side of Harry's face, enjoying how Harry jumped at his touch. He leaned in until his lips brushed Harry's, not enough to satisfy either of them but enough to make Harry reach out for more. He spoke very gently. "The lesson is that your boyfriend cares very much about his shoes and his pride, and doesn't appreciate being mocked."

Harry let out a little breath, frustrated with himself for yearning for an actual kiss. "You don't actually care, you just wanted to punish me."

Draco tapped Harry's nose with his finger. "That doesn't matter right now, love. What matters is that you still haven't apologized to me."

"I feel like I'm the one that should be apologized to, you could have really hurt me yanking me around like you did," Harry said.

"You know I wouldn't hurt you," Draco rolled his eyes, "and you're avoiding what I want."

Harry pursed his lips, eyeing Draco wearily. He didn't respond for a few moments, wanting to make Draco wait. But the stretching of his shoulders and the blood rushing through his body encouraged him to comply. "I'm sorry, Draco," he said, as sincerely as he could.

Draco smiled devilishly at him. "Thank you, Harry. I do so appreciate it," he murmured, grabbing Harry's chin and lifting his face. Draco kissed him solidly, letting his hands drift up and down Harry's chest, pushing past his robes and under his shirt.

Harry broke away from him with a groan. "Let me out, Draco, I apologized." Draco had moved from his mouth to his neck when Harry had pulled away, biting his earlobe gently in the way he knew Harry loved. Draco didn't answer him. Harry struggled against the vines, frustrated. "Please? This is cruel."

Draco ignored him again, his hands leaving light scratches on Harry's back and his mouth leaving a bright mark on Harry's neck. He slotted his thigh between Harry's legs, rubbing against Harry's cock, relishing in how it made Harry moan.

"I'll let you go on one condition," Draco murmured, letting his hands drift down Harry's torso, snapping the elastic of his underwear. Harry jumped, and tried to glare at him but gave up almost immediately, trying to rub against Draco's leg.

"What?" Harry asked, his head fallen back against the tree trunk and his eyes barely open to look at Draco.

"After dinner, you are going to meet me in the Room of Requirement, where you are going to finish apologizing to me," Draco whispered, his fingertips delicately touching the base of Harry's cock.

"I already apologized, you wanker."

Draco took his hand and leg away, watching how Harry strained toward him with amusement. "But you refused to apologize at first, and then you made me wait for it. Don't worry, love, I'll make sure you are nice and taken care of. I wouldn't deprive you in such a way," Draco tapped his nose again, and let the vines fall from where they had been suspended. Harry stumbled forward into Draco's arms. Draco smirked at him, though Harry was too flustered and frustrated to retaliate much. He picked up his wand from the floor and dusted himself off, resolutely Not Looking at Draco.

Harry walked towards the castle in silence for most of the walk, though Draco knew it was not because he was mad. He let the silence linger, enjoying just watching Harry's backside as he walked. They got to the edge of the trees before Harry stopped, looking back at him. Draco stopped, looking at him pleasantly.

"Right after dinner?" Harry asked. Draco smiled, taking Harry's hand, intertwining their fingers and leaning his forehead against Harry's.

"Yes, my love. I'll take the vines to Slughorn, you go collect yourself before dinner."

Harry nodded, kissing him quickly and walking ahead. Draco patted him on the bottom as he did, causing Harry to laugh. They walked up to the castle together, Draco with his hands in his pockets and Harry twirling his wand in his fingers. They split at the entrance with a smile, Draco to the potions classroom and Harry to the Gryffindor common room.

Perhaps I can get the Room to conjure something like those vines tonight. They were quite helpful. Draco thought to himself, humming lightly as he walked.

~~~

You made it! Hope I didn't frustrate you too much with the teasing ending ;)