Mine (Request)

So. No one seemed to want to come forward and claim this as theirs, or they didn't read the thing. So, this is a request, but it is unclaimed 

~~~

Draco's eyes were set in a glare as he crushed his quill in his hand. Class started in five minutes, but Vine or Vain, he didn't bother to remember the name, didn't seem to mind, as she continued to try and touch Potter.

Potter was his, damnit! Not...publicly, of course...or, with Potters knowledge, but those were just details. His eyes continued to narrow further and further, locked on Vain's hand, which seemed to be inching further and further down. 

Potter just chatted, not seeming comfortable or uncomfortable. If Draco had to pinpoint the expression he's say he was confused. 

Understandably. No one had ever flirted with Potter before, but then again, Potter hadn't looked like that until now. 

He had replaced the glasses with something more modern, and had finally made a proper trip to a clothing store and had purchased some clothes and shoes that actually fit, which was evident through the black robes he sported, hanging open easily and subtly.

He was still rather small, but it was more of a lithe small than a scrawny small. Very nice. 

His hair was still a curly mess but it looked more like it did in forth year. Much better than last year. It was absolutely dreadful. Though he supposed Potter had more things to worry about in his fifth year than his hair. 

All in all, either way, Potter was shaping up to be a very nice looking bloke. Neville was actually making even more of a transformation, something which Draco easily ignored in favor of Potter-watching, his favorite game next to Torment-The-First-Years. 

The bell rung, and Draco gave a sigh of relief as Vain reluctantly withdrew her hand from it's previous place on Potter's desk, making her way a few seats down to sit with some group he didn't know the name of. 

He watched with a sigh on his lips as Potter looked to Longbottom, who had been getting similar treatment from Brown. They shared a glance of confusion and bewilderment, before shrugging and focusing on Flitwick. 

This had been a game of his, almost, since sixth year had started two weeks ago. Watch Potter. Glare at those who tried to flirt with Potter. Viciously claim Potter for his own in his mind. Sigh with pity as Potter continued to be oblivious to his surroundings. Crow with glee as he realized Potter was still that innocent little virgin. His favorite kind to play with. Not that he had been doing that much recently. He'd been rather infatuated with Potter for a while now. Not that he ever noticed, the git. 

This continued for months, leaving Draco slowly feeling depressed with his unrequited love. The feeling of possessiveness slowly taking over was maddening, clawing to break free and claim. Draco would have thought himself part vampire or veela if he wasn't absolute in his blood purity. 

It was when Christmas rolled around that he finally snapped.

Mistletoe was popping up all over the place, trapping people and moving along the ceiling with little tinkling giggles so no one could ever predict where they'd be next.

You'd be stuck under one, until someone got caught as well or took pity on you. Draco would've sworn the little things had been jinxed, if the Weasel Twins hadn't left last year. They wee most likely to do such a thing, and really, no one else had the bollocks or guts to do so.

He was rather good at dodging them. Christmas was a week away, and they had been put up at the start of December. He had yet to get caught. But it was when he saw Potter standing alone, looking around helplessly that his eyes flickered up, noting the mistletoe above his head.

He nearly crowed with delight, making his way over quickly, before he noticed Vain doing to same, though she seemed to be completely unaware of the thing holding Potter captive. That or she was just a rather good actress. Or maybe not. He didn't care that much to look at her for very long.

With rising panic he realized she would get there first. He steps stuttered with dread, before they were fueled with anger. 

Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Draco could hardly handle the nonstop flirting, which Harry seemed completely oblivious too. He would not stand to see someone else kissing was what his

But, he wasn't quick enough. He knocked into Vain, managing to push her, but that just caused her to fall next to Potter, slamming her face against the invisible bubble wall while Potter stepped back in alarm. Draco took a little satisfaction in the small trail of blood dripping down from her nose, before he swiftly and stealthily shot a curse at the mistletoe, which shrieked before skittering away, making Vain and Potter both stumble backwards as the invisible bubble vanished. 

Draco hummed in satisfaction, and continued to lunch as though he hadn't done a thing. 

Christmas came and passed, and he was pleased that he hadn't witnessed Potter get attacked again, but also rather disappointed he hadn't gotten another chance to kiss him himself. Beggars can't be choosers, however. And he just had to chose the Gryffindor Golden Boy, who was off limits to a mere Slytherin like himself, even before the sorting. 

Christmas passed, as did New Years. But then came Valentines Day. 

Draco felt truly disgusted as the castle was decorated with abhorring amounts of pink and red. Draco hated Valentines Day, even if it did give him a chance to shower his choice of affection without the chosen one knowing.

Draco spent the first ten days thinking of what to get. The first Hogsmead weekend of February was on the twelfth, leaving a mere two days for Draco to plan out his gift. 

He rather adored what he had gotten for Potter, and Potter had better like it. It had been pricey, after all. Though money wasn't really a problem for himself. 

He almost panicked when he saw the Golden Trio walking close to him, the husky crup clearly visible in his arms. 

His panic was for naught, however, when he saw Granger coo at the little thing puppy, it's tails wagging furiously as they two were dragged over to himself by Granger.

"Malfoy he's adorable! That's a rather rare breed of crup, isn't it?" She asked, eyes studying the happy creature in his arms. 

"Indeed." He said, watching Potter out of the corner of his eye. A lopsided smile adorned Potters face, and he seemed to be restraining himself from reaching out to pet the thing as much as Granger was. Weasel was simply watching Granger with rare calculating eyes. 

"What's his name?" Potter asked suddenly, startling Draco.

"Perseus." He replied haughtily, making Weasel snort for some unknown reason.

"Perseus. Hullo Perseus. He's beautiful. Is it a gift for someone?" She asked, her attention more focused on the pup than the question. 

Draco almost laughed. Even the smartest witch of the year is no match for a puppy, he mused, before schooling his features. "Yes, he is. If you don't mind, it's rather cold out here, and I'd like to get back to the castle before both me and my gift freeze. If you'll excuse me," Draco said, nodding his head politely before walking off. 

A small smile crept onto his face. At least he knew Potter would enjoy it. Draco didn't even need to think of some elaborate way to make his unrequited love known. He's just get the pup to Potter with a name tag reading Perseus. And if Potter didn't figure it out instantly, Granger would.

He'd either be pummeled or ignored, he decided. Nothing to lose. 

When the fourteenth arrived, and with it arrived a husky crup in the Gryffindor boys dormitory, at five in the morning, on a certain poor sighted boy's bed. 

The crup woke up disoriented, on a bed surrounded by red instead of the green he had just gotten used to. He clambered his way over the sleeping form, making small noises as he stumbled. He was only a few weeks old, after all. He recognized the scent of the human before him, and with glee began licking the black haired boy.

"Sod of Dray," Harry murmured as the pup licked his ear, hand batting in away. The pup growled playfully, launching itself and attack the hand. Harry woke up to a prickling sensation that almost tickled. He opened his eyes to get fuzzy vision of a puppy with two tails attack his hand. His other hand reached for his glasses, waving the first hand around so as to entertain the crup.

Finally getting his glasses on, Harry blinked rapidly. The pup was indeed a crup, a husky one, with a bright green bow wrapped around its neck. It had a collar as well, and Harry picked it up gently. The creature shifted it's attention from his hand to his face, trying in vain to lick his face. Harry read the name tag, and almost dropped the crup.

Perseus. 

~~~

Harry stormed down the castle, a mass of tapping shoes and swirling robes, echoing loudly in the empty corridors. It was seven A.M. on a Sunday, an ungodly hour to be up on a weekend, but as he was in a rush, and had woken up two hours previous by a little sand-papery like tongue, he paid no mind.

The object of his swirling emotions just happened to be in the library. Alone. He had to do this now.

Entering the silent building, he took a minute to search. Malfoy was at one of the tables in a shadowy alcove. He pulled a startled Malfoy up by his robes, glaring at the taller boy.

"Why in hell did you send me a puppy instead of just bloody confessing?" He snarled, before pinning Draco against a wall and roughly shoving his mouth against the others. 

Draco recovered from his shock in a beat. It became a furious battle of tongues as Draco flipped them, so that he now had Harry pinned against the wall. Moments later his mouth traveled from Harry's mouth to his jaw, to his neck where he bit harshly several times, leaving many little love bites, causing Harry to moan and let out a breathy laugh.

"Possessive, are we?" He asked, fingers, carding through Draco's hair as his head lolled against the wall, doing nothing to stop the attack.

"You have no idea," Draco murmured, moving to suckle on Harry's ear lobe. Harry's eyes closed in bliss, as Draco mentally danced.

Malfoy's were very possessive. They didn't share. What was theirs, was theirs and no one else's.

Mine.