The Mirror

Oh look! This on isn't based off a meme this time! Actually, writing these has made me realize what I do and don't remember in detail, and I've realized that my brain doesn't consider certain events all that important, so it doesn't really note it. I could hardly remember a thing about the twins giving Harry the map, so I improvised as best as I could. Little things like that make me feel a little less pureblood inside...Pureblood meaning I've read all the books more than once and have seen the movies more than once. 

~~~

     Harry walked the halls of Hogwarts, hidden under the invisibility cloak he had gotten only recently. Everyone was still of Christmas break, so only a few odd students had stayed at Hogwarts. The castle was eerily quiet.

     Pat-pat-pat-pat.

     Harry's eyes widened in panic, and he choked down a strangled shout. He darted behind a suit of armor, and into a door. He peaked through a tiny crack in the door, and sighed in relief when Mrs. Norris passed by safely.

     He closed the door softly, and leaned against it, letting out a breath of air. He got up, after a moment, dropping the cloak on the floor as he made his way to an odd mirror in the center of the room.

     "The Mirror of...ear...no....ear-is-ed....Erised," Harry whispered slowly after a moment, reading the carvings on the top of the mirror. It was tall, with a gold frame and clawed feet.

     Harry circled it, and when he came to face it again, he almost shouted in surprise. Who were the two people next to him? He looked behind him in alarm, thinking he had been caught by some professors of a subject or two he didn't take, but no one was there.

      He looked back at the mirror, and the two were still there. There were people behind them this time, but twisting around again showed them to not really be there. Are they in the mirror, then? Harry thought to himself. He studied the couple, one of which put a hand on his shoulder. Not that he could feel it. Not properly, at least.

     The woman had bright, flaming hair, and brilliant, almond-shaped emerald eyes. The male had messy black hair, soft hazel eyes, and round glasses. They smiled warmly at him.

     A shock ran through Harry. Could that be...could that be mum? And dad? Harry's eyes flickered back in forth furiously. The words were strange to him. foreign, even. Mum and Dad. He didn't have one. Other kids had them. He was a freak with no parents, as the Dursleys constantly reminded him.

     The image changed, suddenly, and Harry instantly longed for the two to come back again, but stopped short at the image presented. It was simple him, Hermione, and Ron, with Neville, Seamus, and Dean was there two. They where goofing around in the common room, doing nothing at all special. He titled his head. The image was missing something.

     It changed again, and Harry was startled to see himself on the Hogwarts train. He rode in a carriage alone, absentmindedly petting Hedwig, who nipped his fingers affectionately. The door opened, to reveal the boy from the robe shop, Draco Malfoy. But instead of him being flanked by two burly boys, he was the same as when Harry first met him; alone.

     The mirror had no sound, but Harry could see their lips moving, talking. Draco's expression softened the slightest, and he held his hand out. Harry smiled, and took it; he had made his first friend!

     The mirror flashed images of him riding the rest of the train ride with Draco, just talking and munching on candies. Then, him getting sorted into Slytherin, and Draco smiling proudly when Harry shuffled over to sit next to him.

     Harry blinked, and the image faded out, returning to the couple. He backed away, but stopped, and sat down, just looking at the two. He desperately wished he could feel the hand on his shoulder, but, alas, it was not meant to be.

~~~

     Draco snorted as he wrapped an arm around his boyfriend of six months. The two sat on Hogwarts grounds, away from prying eyes, close to the whomping willow. "Harry?" Draco asked, leaning in close. Harry's back was flush against his chest, Draco with his arms wrapped around Harry's waist. Harry shifted as the prefect badge Draco had gotten last year, which was clipped to his robes, dug into his skin.

     "Yes?"

     "How long have you known you wanted me?" Draco asked, a smirk curling his lips.

     It was Harry's turn to snort. "There's a difference between wanting to be your friend and wanting you. Which would you like?"

     "Friend,"

     "Honestly? Oh, bugger, erm...I'd honestly have to say Christmas break, first year," Harry muttered face flaming.

     "Really?" Draco inquired.

     "Mmmhmm," Harry nodded, making noises.

     "That's incredibly attractive, and sweet, Harry," Draco nuzzled Harry's neck. Harry chuckled.

     "Draco! You know that tickles," Harry complained, though a smile was painted his face.

     "Shush, you love it," Draco muttered, kissing his neck.

     Harry chuckled again, but said nothing in silent agreement. A smirk curled Draco's lips, knowing he had won.

     "What about you?" Harry asked, curious himself now.

     "Friend or lover?"

      "Er...Both."

     "For Friend, obviously, since before first year. Madam Melkins, actually...and lover, I'd have to say third year." Draco answered without hesitation. "You just looked so happy after you'd gotten off the gryffin or hippogriff or whatever it was. And, of course, the fact that you had pulled me out of the way when the beast wanted to attack me gave you a good chance,"

     Harry laughed quietly.

     "And you? For lover?"

     "Oh, that's hard...forth year. You started to lose the baby fat. You looked quiet cute as a ferret, though. I'm sad you didn't keep the loo-ow! Draco!" Harry swatted his boyfriend, who had pinched him.

     "No transfiguring me into a ferret."

     "Bu-"

     "No."