Frightdome AU

I know it's been taking me ages to update lately. One-I apologize. Two: I lose track of time very easily these days. SOWWY. This is inspired by my own experiences with this place, Vegas being my home, which is where Frightdome is located, it's rather easy for me to go.

Sum: Apparently fear can make even the straightest (Snort) of enemies running to each other for comfort. (Muggle AU)

~~~

     Draco was fairly convinced his small group of friends were suicidal. He had known it since Pansy had decided Hermione Granger from work wasn't bad, and was actually decently smart once you got past the slight bossiness. Blaise, well, he had known that for a long long time, he had just never mentioned it to the bloke.

     He was sure Potter shared his sympathies. Potter had seemed just as reluctant as him to go once presented with the idea.

     I mean, getting on a plane, and ridding across the seas to the United States, Las Vegas Nevada, he could understand. The city was pretty, with lots of things to show off and many casinos. 

     That had been all well and dandy. He had gotten a little gambling streak from his father, and it was nice to nurse it in the many casinos of Vegas. But, when he had innocently woken up in his hotel room, and was blinking wearily around him, he hadn't expected the idea to be sprung up at him suddenly. 

     Pansy had been staring over him, smiling wickedly. "Let's go to Frightdome." Draco had been so drowsy and confused it took him roughly a minute of rubbing his eyes and stretching before the words hit him.

     "No."

     "Yes."

     "N-"

     "Yes because everyone else already agreed while you were sleeping and we aren't leaving you alone to throw away all your money while playing Blackjack. We go at nine."

     And she had swaggered out of the room. Draco could distantly hear the sound of Potter protesting still, and shook his head in pity. By everyone already agreed that means the majority did, and me and Potter agree for once, but Pansy wont let us out of this. Draco sighed and flopped back into his pillows.

     It wasn't that he hated Potter. He just didn't get along with the bloke.

     The hours passed with Draco silently demanding the clock slowed down and Pansy complaining for the clock to speed up. He was surprised when both Blaise and Ronald pitched in. Hermione seemed also rather enthusiastic. 

     If he had bothered to pay to much attention to Potter, he would have noticed how Potter seemed to be glaring at the clock more than him.

     When they finally arrived, Draco found himself creeping towards the middle of the group. He would have been in the center if Potter hadn't beaten him there.

     Fog coated the floor in a thick layer. They could hardly see their feet. It  drifted in the air and hung heavily, giving the air a strange scent that almost made Harry want to throw up before he got used to it. Lights flashed, and Harry distantly remembered the seizure warning on the pamphlet Hermione had given him earlier in the day while trying to convince him to come, and that no, he wouldn't be killed violently. He could now see why they would put that up there. 

     The place was crawling with people dressed up in horrifying masks, face paint, wings, costume, the whole deal. They stalked the people walking, getting entirely to close for Draco's comfort, but to his amusement scaring the absolute shite out of many people. He felt slightly better.

     They had stopped to get water briefly, and Ronald had his back turned away from the hallway where the employs were stalking. One, dressed in a black and white costume, somewhat resemblance to the band Kiss, but the version where they got brutally murdered, snuck  up behind him, silent in his clunky boots, the music and screams of their surroundings drowning out any such sound.

     Ronald, however, had stood there, calmly drinking his water and chattering on about the place, for roughly a minute, totally oblivious to the fearful stares pointed in his direction. Someone pointed to one side of him, and turning around Ron flinched violently away, finding a face mere inches from their own. Water slopped out of his bottle and onto his hand as a yelp escaped him. 

     Both Harry and Draco felt better after that.

     Then came the haunted houses. Harry found himself clutching semi-tightly to the nearest object; Hermione. Or, more specifically, Hermione's arm. He had accidentally grabbed Draco once and hadn't even noticed it until they got out because of how dark it was. Then, they came to their last stop.

     Isolation. You had to go alone in this one. Unlike the others, the employs were allowed to touch you. Harry was terrified. 

     Naturally, Hermione convinced him to go. 

     He had tried desperately to worm his way behind her, but he hadn't been able, and alas, he went in. Blaise and Pansy had already gone it, but Draco, the lucky sod, had been able to coax Pansy into letting him stay. Harry took comfort that at least Malfoy would be scared repeatedly by the guys walking buy. They seemed to be fond of the chainsaws. 

     Walking in, Harry felt as though his feet were jelly. He had to sign his name immediately after he walked in, and knowing they were making him sign so that he couldn't sue them if he got injured more than scared the shite out of him.

     He had been shrouded through doors and fake doors, and an 'elevator' where he was trapped with some guy that decided that blowing air into peoples ears was the funnest thing in the word to do. He was even been but on a surgical table, and passed through a tunnel, so that was all well and good. 

     He was thoroughly shaken up by the time he got out of there, and honestly partly surprised he survived, seeing as he could have sworn those chainsaws were real.

     He shakily made his way back to his group, grasping out for something to hold onto; he wasn't the strongest of people concerning these things. 

     Turns out the closest thing was Draco. Harry was unaware of this as he clung to him, arms wrapped around his neck and head tucked into the crook of his neck, body pressed flush up against Draco's.

     He distantly felt someone rubbing his arm, and realized later it was Hermione. But in the currently moment he was slightly lost to the fear.

    Draco, for his part, was taking this quite well, Blaise noticed. Stunned, yes, but he wrapped his arms around Harry in turn to comfort him, rubbing his back lightly in soothing circles. If Draco was honestly with himself it helped him out too. His nerves were more than frayed at this point, and the comforting reassurance that someone safe was there helped him more than he was likely to admit.

     When Harry finally did get himself back together, after spending several minutes oblivious to the world, taking comfort in the scent of Draco's shampoo, which he could smell oddly well from his position, he backed up slightly, blinking up at Draco.

     Both Draco and Harry were rather glad it was too dark to see the lightly colored blush painting their faces and necks. 

~~~

     If you're wondering how I came up with this idea, well, I'm taking exactly from my experience at Frightdome. I was Ron, at the water stand, I was Hermione, in the haunted house, my friend clutching onto me as we walked through, and I was Harry, going into Isolation, getting the shit scared out of me and clinging to my friend for comfort. 

     I had planned for this to be much shorter. Ah well. I get into detail.

     Sooooo, likey?