Felix Felicis (Part One)

Wow you guys are amazing with putting up with my slow updates. But good news! My computer is now fixed, and I should be getting it within the next two weeks. Can I get an amen?

Summary of yaoi-glittery-sparkly-awesome-ness: Felix Felicis doesn't always turn out how you expect it to.

~~~

Sweat was beading the brows of the teenagers as robes were discarded to the backs of their chairs. Hair was frizzed and odd smelling fumes filled the air. The sixth years bustled and bustled, trying their hardest to complete the potion to perfection.

They were competing. At the start of the lesson, they had been told that whoever made this particular potion the best -Amortentia- would win the prize. A bottle of Liquid Luck, also known as Felix Felicis.

Horace Slughorn walked around the room, taking care not to bump his stomach into the cauldrons as he passed. Clipboard in hand, he peered into cauldrons, making notes and murmured sounds as he analyzed them. Some he would give a chuckle, a smile and a number, or check mark. Others, he'd give a small smile and make a hasty little motion.

Everyone was hard pressed to win. Everyone wanted the potion. But only one could get it. Only one out of the sixth year Gryffindors and Slytherins.

Professor Slughorn reached Hermione's cauldron. It was a very transparent color, but it bubbled rather thickly. Then Neville's. It was a rather bright blue, but had the correct consistency. Ron's was a sickly yellow. Dean had a rather transparent pink, but it was bubbling into showers of purple.

Then he came to Harry's. He paid no mind to the notebook which lay open, black ink scribbling out many things and writing out others. Harry's back stood straighter as he watched his professor nervously.

"Well done, my boy!" Slug horn praised, making a little scribble as he walked off, a smile on his face. Harry sagged in relief, looking at his nearly transparent potion. A little alarm sounded as he was making his way to the other side of the room, and the professor made a little noise, waved his wand, and the flashing red light in front of his face vanished.

"Alright! Put a bit of potion into a bottle, write your name clearly, and then hand it in. I shall then decided who wins. Chat quietly amongst yourselves as you pack up until I am ready." Slug horn called, and the students bustled back and forth.

It took roughly five minutes for Slughorn to call attention to the class. "It was a very close outcome, but the winner is..." He checked the bottle to make sure he knew the name. "Draco Malfoy!" He called out, and groans and angry huffs circled the room as Draco proudly swaggered to the front.

Harry sagged. He had really thought he was going to win.

The students finished packing up and the bell rung a minute later, dismissing them.

~~~

It was several hours later that Draco Malfoy lounged in his bed, twirling the golden bottle in one hand. He couldn't decide what he wanted to do. Use it for Quiddich? Take half the bottle tomorrow, or maybe even the whole thing?

Draco sighed dramatically in despair. So many choices! What was a Slytherin to do? Draco cast a tempus charm. It was a little after dinner, they had a few hours before curfew.

Flinging an arm over his eyes, Draco thought.

And then he came up with a plan. He sat up, uncorking the bottle. A few drops, and that would give him about an hour. He'd try it out. Once he knew the actual full extent, then he could best decide how to use it.

He took a few drops. He shivered. Corking the bottle, Draco was over come with an urge to go wander the halls. After a mental shrugging -because Malfoy's do not shrug, even when in private, so uncouth- Draco set out.

He spent a good half-hour letting his feet guide him. He came across a few dropped gallons, and had picked them up, flipping one absentmindedly as he walked. Then he heard the sound of feet coming in his direction.

Draco didn't stop walking. The sound came closer, and as they were rounding the corner Draco saw that it was Potter, murmuring to himself and tapping his wand in his hand in thought.

Draco smirked. He felt confident. They were going to fight, and Draco would completely slaughter Potter in battle. That would nock him down a peg or two.

But, as Draco came to a stop, Harry didn't, and kept walking, right into Draco.

With the power of the potion running through his system, Draco was able to make sure they stayed upright, and ended up leaning against a wall, holding Harry close to himself on instinct.

"Uhm..." Harry made a noise, but Draco didn't feel completely in control of himself, or maybe he did and the potion was boosting his confidence, but he smirked, and instead of whipping out his wand like Harry suspected he might, he did something that was very much the opposite.

Wondering why he hadn't used his wand on Malfoy yet -it was in his hand!- Harry was left even more stunned when he felt lips upon his own.

He was pulled into a rough kiss, and making a vague squeaking sound, Harry relaxed into Draco.

His wand became limp in his fingers, and dropped to the floor without either of them noticing as Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's neck, threading his fingers through his hair.

I like this. Not sure why, though. But it's very nice...Why haven't I tried this before? Mmm. Malfoy Malfoy MalfoyMalfoyMalfoy... Harry's thoughts became inane as he let himself get distracted by Draco nibbling on his lip.

Truth be told, neither of them could really say how long they stayed like that, but Draco knew it had to have been at least a while, because he could feel the potion wearing off, as though he was losing a large, confident chunk of his personality. Panicking slightly, Draco held Harry tighter to himself, not wanting Harry to decide to punch him as soon as the potion fully wore off.

But then he felt the last remains of the potion leaving his system, possibly passing through Harry by saliva, but Harry didn't leave, and still Draco did not relinquish his hold.

They both got lost in the sensations once more, oblivious to the steadily approaching footsteps.

They finally pulled away from each other when they heard a loud noise. "Gah!"

They sprung apart, only to see the giant form of Hagrid towering over them. "Wha' cha going and doin that for? I'm happy for yer, 'Arry, but at least don' do it where no'one will see yer. Get on wit yer!" Hagrid scolded, rad in the face as he made shooing motions with his hands.

Draco and Harry scrambled away, Harry picking up his wand in a hurry, both faces aflame as they ran off in different directions.

~~~

I feel like I'm getting repetitive and I'm boring you guys...I'm not boring you, am I? WAAAAAA.