Stop Being an Arse, Me (Request)

GUYS I DONNO HOW MANY OF YOU FOLLOW ME AND HOW MANY BOTHER TO READ THE LITTLE MSG'S I POST ON MY BOARD BUT I HAVE VERY LITTLE INTERNET ACCESS AND CAN'T WRITE AT ALL. THE ONLY REASON I CAN UPDATE MY ONLY OTHER STORY IS BECAUSE I HAVE A FEW PRE-WRITTEN CHAPTERS. I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING. I'VE NEVER GONE THIS LONG WITHOUT UPDATING SOMETHING ON HERE I FEEL SO BAD I'M SORRY.

This is a request. Sorry I haven't been doing those lately either. Gah. 

Sum: Time turners can do some good.

~~~

"You know what would've made this a lot easier?" Harry asked idly as he petted his boyfriends hair, leaning against a tree by the lake.

"Hmm? Make what easier? Petting isn't very hard, Harry." Draco murmured, cracking an eye open. Harry snorted, swatting Draco lightly on the ear. 

"No, prat. I mean, we could have gotten together a lot earlier if we just hadn't been pricks to each other." Harry said absentmindedly. Draco nodded. They had only gotten together roughly four months ago, about a year after the war had finally ended. 

"It's not like we can go back in time and change it. All the time turners were destroyed when you made the Ministry spin on its head in our fifth year." Draco said, smiling slightly. "Even if we did, messing with time is a very delicate thing. Even if we did become friends, I'm rather inclined to believe that we would still be eventually torn apart, with being in different houses."

Harry's hand stilled, and Draco opened his eyes again to look up, only to see Harry biting his lip rather roughly. Draco tsk'ed and gently touched Harry's face to make him stop that. "I'm the only one allowed to bite your lips. What's got you doing that anyways?" Draco asked, eyes narrowing slightly.

"It's just..." Harry trailed off, not sure if he wanted to share that information, which he hadn't told another soul his whole life. 

"Harry, it's me. Tell me." Draco demanded, sitting up and looking Harry square in the eye. Harry sighed, slumping, a small smile on his face.

"It's just...when I was getting sorted, do you remember how it took a while for the hat to decide?" Harry started, stalling slightly. Draco looked at the sky blankly, before nodding.

"I vaguely remember thinking it was deciding whether or not you were even worthy enough to be in Hogwarts." He said sheepishly. Harry snorted, waving him off.

"Yeah, well...part of the reason was that me and the hat were...arguing, I suppose. It didn't want to put me in Gryffindor, at first." He said slowly, and Draco sat up straighter. "Stop it, prat." Harry swatted at his boyfriend, who ducked with a small smile. "Anyways, it wanted to...put me in SlytherinbutIconvinceditnotto." Harry said in a rush, words slurring but still clear enough for Draco to understand.

Draco's eyes widened dramatically, making Harry groan and run his hands through his hair. Speech time. "You convinced the hat to put you in a different house? Do you know how positively Slytherin that is? Harry, imagine if we had been in the same house! Do you know how much I could have helped you, how amazing we would have been together?" Draco said, face lighting up like an excited puppies.