Chapter 23 : I Saved Her

-

"I'm supposed to protect you," He sobbed as he laid her in a more comfortable position before closing the door and hopping in the drivers seat.

The tired screeched as he stepped on the gas, speeding down the road. The only who could help him was where he was headed.

A few hours away if he didn't hurry.

-

The road seemed endless to him, he felt as if he would never reach his destination in time to save her. He stepped on the gas, plenty hard, and it still felt as if he were going 5 mph. His eyes were bloodshot and dried with tears.

Little moans had escaped Ivy's lips during the drive, which had given him hope. Hopefully, the gun shot wasn't as bad if and when they cleaned her up.

There were no cars, making his drive easier and quicker. He occasionally glanced in his rear view mirror, paranoid that they would come back to continue to comply more damage.

The sun was now rising, giving him more hope that they'll arrive soon. Ivy needed medical attention.

His cell rang, making him jump slightly in his seat. He glanced down, the familiar number was across his screen. He pressed the answer button and raised it to his ear, "Hello?"

"Dude, where are you?" Eli shouted. Eli was the oldest alpha member he has known. He was the most experienced, and the most calmest. Cain knew that he would explain things more calmer to Ivy than himself. Eli was older, but his age didn't show; he was also wise but he never acted his age.

"We ran into something," He said hoarsely, his eyes glancing back to Ivy, where she laid unconscious.

"Ran into what?" Eli's voice came to a dangerous whisper.

"Amy." The silence on the other side of the phone alarmed him.

"What did she do?" Eli finally spoke up, his voice hard.

"Shot Ivy, we almost crashed our car." I explained and put on my turn signal, "I'll explain later. I'm almost at your house." A grunt came through the phone and he hung up. He released a sigh and prayed that Ivy will be just fine.

He pulled up to a pair of gates and dialed the number; the black gates squeaked open. A row of green trees led the way to the older mansion; gardens were scattered among the large land.

The car screeched as he pulled up to the mansion and Cain got out of his car quickly. He screamed for help as he opened the back door, and cradled Ivy in his arms.

Eli came running out, ladies dressed in white alongside him.

"Come, come." One of the ladies said, waving her hand frantically. He followed her inside the house and down a series of hallways before coming up on a white room. He laid Ivy on the bed, déjà vu washed over him.

The ladies pushed him out of the room and he took a longing glance toward Ivy.

Eli stood beside him and patted his back, "She'll be all right." Cain nodded as he glanced at the floor.

"When do you want me to explain the history about us to her?" Eli asked as he pulled him along. Eli led him to a kitchen, a pot of coffee all ready brewing.

"When she heals," He mumbled as Eli handed him a cup. He lifted the cup to his lips and took a long sip.

Eli watched him carefully and nodded his head, "Are you sure about this?"

"She's my mate, Eli. I can't keep it a secret forever. She deserves to know," He said, swirling his finger on the marble counter.

"What if she runs?"

"I'll catch her." He smiled softly.

**********************

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY. Now that I grabbed your attention, it's called Don't Go. I don't know if I'll make it werewolf but please check it out and give me your opinion!

Anyone like the new cover?

Please vote and comment! I changed the font of the story, but I don't really know if you can tell or not. Maybe it's just for me.

Love y'all!