Chapter 6

-IVYS POV-

I shut the door quietly behind me, looking around for Ms. Smoger. She was no where to be seen. The breads warmth seeped through my pocket and my hand went over it. I tip toes up the stairs, my hair falling from it's bun.

I hear sniffling once I reach the second floor of the big house and I assumed it was the little boy, Caleb. I grabbed the two pieces of bread in my hand and I turn the knob softly.

"You don't do anything for her, do you understand me? No one will adopt her, no one will love her, she doesn't deserve anything." I heard Ms. Smoger whisper. I let go of the knob quickly, a loud noise going through the room. Ms. Smoger coughs and her loud footsteps walk to the door. I gulp and attempt to run but my footsteps were heard loud and clear.

"Young lady, what are you doing?" Her hard voice asked as she approached me.

"Nothing, Ma-Ma'am." I stuttered and I felt her cold eyes go through me.

"Why were you at Caleb's door?" She asked, glaring at me.

"Just wan-wanted to say thank you," I stuttered once more and looked at my hands. She walked closer till her chest was almost touching my head, my nose crunched up as I walked backwards to look up at her.

"What were you bringing him?" She asked slowly. My mouth went dry, how did she know I was bringing him something?

"Tell me!" She roared and I took steps back. My hand went into my pocket, showing her the two pieces of bread.

She grabbed the bread from my hand and tore it up, walking to the bathroom and dumped the pieces in the garbage can.

"Go to your room. You are not allowed to come out of your room tomorrow. Do you understand me?" She asked. I nodded quickly and ran to my room, shutting it behind me. My back goes against the door as I breathed in and my body slumped to the floor.

Why can't someone just adopt me?

**

I woke up curled in a ball on the floor, my neck in a odd angle. I open my eyes slowly, sighing as the sunlight glared in my eyes. I place my hands on the cold floor and I lift myself up, my bones cracking.

The air filled with the smell of food and I went up to walk out the door but remembered last night. I sighed again and walked to my bed, sitting on the edge. The air moved the trees outside and the sun shone brightly against the water on the ground.

Then an idea popped up.

What if I ran away? What if I just left?

I almost cried with joy by the idea and I grabbed my suit case from underneath the bed, dumping the two outfits I had in the suit case. I put my hair brush and the little make up I had in the sides. The little money I saved up I pushed in my front pocket.

I looked around the small, empty room and sighed. I wouldn't miss this place. I walked to my window and looked down, wasn't a big fall. I would land on some bags of dirt and a little mud.

I opened the window quietly, making slight squeaks.

Am I really going to do this?

-CAINS POV-

"Where would she be?" I asked to myself as I walked the streets. I took a deep breath hopping for her scent but all I smelt were trees and dirt.

I passed many shops, restaurants, anything you could think of. I mean the lady said she was in an orphanage but there's so many. Where would I start?

I need her in my life. If she wanted to start off slow, I would.

I just need her. I want her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is like terrible and horrendous but I updated :p I still haven't celebrated Christmas :( I'm doing it tomorrow :(

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I just cleaned all day.

Please vote and comment anyway! Give me ideas!

Love ya!;)

Stay beautiful! Xx