Chapter 8

Y'all seem to like Ivys POV so I will continue with it:)

-IVYS POV-

Caleb and I have walked for a few miles before he started to complain. To be honest, I didn't know where we would sleep. I didn't have enough money to stay at a hotel till I got my next pay check. We had to stay in the same town so I could work and support Caleb. I knew we wouldn't have a much better life but I had got him away from Ms. Smoger. She deserved to burn in hell for what she puts little kids through.

"Ms Ivy, when can we stop?" I heard Caleb ask from behind me. I turned around and grabbed his hand in mine, "I think I know where we can go." I smiled at my idea. We can go to the cafe and ask Wanda if we may stay with her.

"Where are we going?" He asked as we walked down a dark and cold road.

"We are walking to my work," I said quietly as the cafe came in sights. I sighed in relief and began to walk faster so we would be in the warm building.

I helped him pull his little suitcase up the stairs and I opened the door, hearing the little bell ring.

"Ivy?" A questioning voice asked as I walked through the door. I sighed as I saw Wanda watching mean as she cleaned her hands on a towel.

"Wanda, we need your help." I said desperately and her old eyes looked at Caleb and back to me. She smiled and took little steps toward us, "Who are you?" Her friendly voice asked as she bent down to Caleb.

"I'm Caleb," He said proudly and pushed out his chest. I laughed quietly and watched them interact.

"Do you want a cookie, Caleb?" She asked and he nodded with a smile.

I walked him to the counter and set our suitcases leaning against a wall. I picked Caleb up by his waist and set him on the stool as I took the seat next to him.

"What do you need help with, Ivy?" Wanda asked as she set a cookie down for Caleb. Her concerned eyes looked at me.

"We need a place to sleep tonight. We'll be out of your way by the morning," I begged and she frowned.

"You ran away?"

"You have to understa-" I tried to say but stopped by seeing her angry eyes.

"You have to go back! You can't just run away, Ivy! Do you know if they found you how much trouble I will be in by letting you sleeping in my house, knowing you were run aways?" Wanda shouted, I looked around nervously and saw no costumers sitting.

"Wanda, pleas-" I tried to beg but she shook her head.

"Get out." She said sternly.

"Wand-"

"Get out!" She shouted and pointed her finger. Caleb whimpered and slid down his seat with the half eaten cookie in his hands.

I gathered our suitcases, blankets, and jackets together and hurried to the door.

"Ivy, you remember when I told you about that boy that asked about you?" I heard Wanda whisper quietly. I turned my body and nodded, afraid to say a word, "I told him you had quit. You give your two weeks notice in tomorrow." She said and started to turn her old body away.

"But I'm not quitting," I demanded and my lips shook.

"No one knows that," She said with a smirk and walked through the kitchen doors. I stared after her and I felt tears fill my eyes.

"Ms. Ivy?" Caleb asked, hesitantly. I looked down at him and saw his brown eyes frightened. I bent down and took his little shaking body in my arms and he rested his head on my shoulder. As I held his body I whispered, "Lets go, Caleb." I took his hand in mine and he started to carry the blankets and I took the suitcases.

*

We walked around aimlessly on the same road for about 2 hours, both our feet in pain.

"Ms. Ivy," Caleb yawned, "Im tired." I looked down and sighed.

"Ill have to carry you," I said and bent an arm under his butt and lifted him to my chest. The blankets and jackets hitting my chest and I rolled the suitcases with one hand.

His head was buried in the crook of my neck and his soft breaths tickled my chin.

"Go to sleep," I said quietly and I held him close to me.

I walked in silence down the street and smiled when I saw lights in the distance. I started to walk faster, hearing the wheels on the suitcases hit rocks and bumps. Caleb's soft snores reached my ears and I held him more tightly.

**

I laughed with joy as we reached building and saw people walk around the shops.

"Caleb," I shook him away and his little brown eyes opened.

"Where are we?" He asked, his little voice masked with sleep.

"I don't know but we can sleep somewhere," I said quietly. We would have to sleep behind a building. I saw a dark alley where no one was entering and started to walk to it, stupid I know. But we need to sleep where someone won't go.

I walked with shaky movements in the dark alley and squinted at the end. It look partially cleaned. I set Caleb down and took his jacket to wrap around him, along with a blanket to keep him warm and away from the wetness coming from the ground. I did the same to myself and we both sat in the corner.

"Ill look for a place tomorrow," I said helplessly and huddled Caleb closer to me.

"It's dark, Ms. Ivy." Caleb's voice shook and I shushed him, "Go to sleep. Everything will be okay." His head nodded and he laid it against my chest and his eyes closed. I studied him, will I be able to take care of him?

"Hey, are you okay?" Someone shook me and I opened my eyes with a gasp. A tall man stood in front of me with a concern look.

"I'm f-fine," I stuttered and Caleb stood behind him with a smile. I got up quickly and gathered our blankets together.

"Well, why are you here?" He asked as he studied my movements.

"What's it to you?" I snapped and folded the blankets. He looked shocked for a moment and smirked, "Im just trying to help."

"We have no where to sleep," I grumbled and stood up. His face softened behind his sunglasses and he stood to his full hight. He easily towered over me am his leather jacket moved with his movements.

"Well I'll take you to a place you can. Im Cain," He introduced himself and held out his hand. I looked at him hesitantly and laid my smaller hand is his larger ones, "Im Ivy,"

---------------------------------------------------------

Good or bad? Tried to make this one longer for the long wait :)

Please tell me what you think by commenting! And please vote as well :)

Still going through sun stuff but I have time to update for my fans :)

Stay beautiful! Xx

Love ya!:)