Chapter 18

Please read the authors note below!

-IVYS POV-

Everyday I would study myself in the mirror, the bruises were slowly fading from my body and the cuts were slowly healing. My eyes were dull, my hair was flat, and I'm starting to gain back the weight I had lost. Cain has been trying to get me to do things outside and whatever he's trying to do is working. He's been more careful around me, careful with what he says and careful with how he touches me. I crave his touch, my body yearns for it.

I always wondered if I was crazy because I fell in love with him so quickly. The way I feel for him, I have never felt like that for anyone.

Maybe I was crazy, but it doesn't bother me.

*

Little, wet fingers brushed the side of my face, followed by a whisper, "Miss Ivy, it's time to wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes to Caleb's face, who's face was inches away from mine. I smiled and I looked up at the clock on the white wall. I looked back at Caleb and asked, "Have you eaten breakfast yet?" He shook his head and I climbed out of bed and I slipped on sweatpants that laid on the floor.

"Let's go," I smiled and I held out my hand for him to take. Hand in hand, we walked to the kitchen where Cain was waiting for us. A smile brightened his face as he saw me and his gaze fell down to Caleb. Cain stood up and he met us half way, he stood in front of me and he cradled me in his arms, "I have to tell you something." His body was stiff and he held me closer to him as he talked.

I took a step back to look up at him and my eyebrows furrowed, "What is it?" Cain looked down at Caleb and he shook his head, "Not with him here." I held on to Caleb's hand tightly and I pulled him closer to me.

"Caleb, can you go play with your toys? I'll play with you after Cain and I talk, okay?" I smiled as I bent down to his eye level. Caleb's eyes went up to Cain and he nodded and he ran to the living room. Cain grabbed my hand and he led me to the kitchen counter where I sat down and he walked to the other side.

"We got a call today," Cain started off with and I nodded for him to continue "It was Ms. Smoger." And I immediately stiffened.

"You never told me about her." He said, his head was bent to the side and his eyebrows were raised. I bit my lip and I turned away, "I'm sorry." I whisper softly as I look over to Caleb.

"Why didn't you?" Cain asked as he followed me gaze.

"I wanted to forget about her." I had mumbled and I looked down to my hands.

"Well, she hasn't forgotten about you." He was quick to say. There was a long pause, "What did she say?"

" Nothing really, she was quit annoying. She told us she was getting a lawyer and how we should be arrested for taking you and Caleb in. But she won't win, she doesn't know how powerful our family is." I nodded and I looked up at him.

"She won't stop until she has us," I mumbled and he laughed and shook his head.

"Neither will we." He whispered and kissed the top of my head.

**

I sat on the couch with Cain, my head was laying on his shoulder and his arm was around my waist. We didn't talk, we just sat in silence.Cain's shirt was bundled up in my grasp and his hands were laid along the waist band of my jeans.

"When will you tell me why you hid your eyes?" I asked him, and he jolted in surprise and I looked up at him.

"When you're ready." He said simply and he closed his eyes. I frowned and laid my head in the crook of his neck and inhaled his smell which relaxed me instantly.

The pull to him was getting stronger which just led me to be confused. My body yearned for him, and each time he touched me it was pure bliss. His arms were wrapped around me and it made me feel like they belonged there, around me. My body fit perfectly against him and it felt like I could stay there forever.

"Ivy, I'm going to take you on a date tonight." I could feel my face slowly turn red, "Casual or formal?"

"Formal, go get ready." He smiled and lifted me up and off his lap.

***

I stood in front of the mirror in a black, fitted dress. My hair was done in soft curls and my eyes had the smoky look. The bruises were now gone and my pale skin stood out next to the black of the dress. I studied myself from all angles and I smiled. A soft knock came from the door, "Cain is waiting for you." Caleb said excitedly. I grabbed my purse and I could hear Cain scolding Caleb. I leaned on the door frame as I watched Caleb argue with Cain.

Cain's eyes then slowly drifted to me and I saw him gulp, "You look beautiful." He said, ignoring Caleb's laughs.

"You better not hurt her." Caleb grumbled and I looked at him, shocked. The silence was filled with Cain's laugh and he walked to Caleb and ran his fingers through his hair, "I won't bud."

I smiled as Cain walked to me and held out his arm, "Ready?" He asked me and his eyes sparkled. "Ready." I repeated and laced our arms together and he led me out to his car.

"Dinner for two?" The host asked as he studied me and smirked. Cain's body went rigid and he nodded. The host nodded and he walked out with the menus in his hand and he turned back and told us to follow him. I looked up at Cain and his darkened gaze followed the host, "If he hits on you.." He silently warned and he held my hand in his and we followed the host to our table.

After we sat down, Cain's body stiffened, "Don't turn around."

"Why?" I asked and the host looked at us weirdly and rolled his eyes.

"Ms. Smoger."

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that it was so rushed but I needed to update. I am so sorry it's been so long! I'm still goin through hard times but I'll try to update when I can.

Even though it was rushed, I hoped y'all liked it. Leave your thoughts in the comment board and give me ideas for the next chapter!:)

I love yall!

Stay beautiful/handsome.