Chapter 25

The man studied my face for a few brief seconds before turning to Cain.

"I guess it's time."

Cain looked at me with sorrow and he was ridden with guilt. His face was in a frown and purple bags were resting beneath his eyes.

"Please, let me explain before you go to conclusions." His voice was hoarse. His once shiny hair was now dull, greasy, and knotted. His shirt was wrinkled and his swears hang low on his hips.

I nodded slowly as my eyes darted between the men.

"My family history is strange. My family is strange compared to most. My family isn't normal and it has never been normal. It all started from a scratch, a bite, and it has ran in our blood since then. I can't explain it, all I can tell you is tha-"

"We're werewolves!" A crackled voice explained. The room went silent and all attention went to Cain.

"Dude, I was explaining." Cain mumbled to the man then his eyes darted to me. My mouth went dry and my thoughts were jumbled. Everything clicked. All my questions were answered but we're now replaced with new.

"Why isn't she talking?"

"Okay." I coughed and nodded. Werewolves, that's not too bad, right? They were just dogs.

"Okay? Why aren't you freaking out?" Cain asked as he slowly made his way towards me.

"You're just dogs." My body was numb, my mind drew a blank and my breathing quickened.

"She's going into shock," The man said as he held up his hands. Arms circled around my torso, a hand combed my hair, and soothing words were whispered in my ear.

I stared at the man and he openly stared back; it was as if we were fighting for dominance.

"Maybe we should get her some warm tea." Cain suggested and I looked up at him. I wasn't afraid. I wasn't afraid of him or the confession he had just made.

No matter what he just confessed, I was  still utterly and madly in love with him.

**

I know it's short and I know it's been a long time since I had updated. I'm in recovery from depression and an eating disorder! I know I needed to come back and start writing again. it's been a struggle but I know I can overcome it.

Please give me some time to get back into writing my books again. Please vote and comment and give me your opinion!

If anyone needs someone to talk to, I'm always here. stay strong lovelies.