Chapter 9

-IVYS POV-

I watched him carefully as he neared me and Caleb. Cain would look back every so often and every time he did, he had a soft smile against his lips. His brown hair brushed against his forehead as the wind blew, but I couldn't see his eyes. They were covered with very dark lens.

"So Ivy, where are you from?" Cain asked, ruining the silence. I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "From here." From my answer, I saw him bite his lower lips and glance away. I looked down at Caleb who was currently holding my hand while humming a random tune.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked as I huddled in my jacket when a cool breeze went around us.

"My house," He said simply.

"Your house? Why are you taking us to your house?" I asked as I grind my teeth, I didn't know him. For all I know, he could be dangerous.

"Do you really have any other choice, Ivy? Do you want to starve on the streets?" He asked as he stared pointedly at Caleb. I sighed angrily and walked faster. I walked Cain, dragging Caleb with me as I walked quickly.

"I don't know why you're walking ahead of me! You don't know where you are going!" I heard him yell and I groaned.

"Just show me where to go." I snapped and waited impatiently.

"Fine," He grumbled and walked past me with his hands shoved in his pockets. I grabbed Caleb's hand and walked behind Cain.

"Why is he grumpy, Miss Ivy?" Caleb asked. I looked down and smiled, "I don't know."

**

"This is your house?" I gaped as I set out stuff down. He had a beautiful white, three story house. Vines grew on the sides of the house, trees surrounded the yard, and they had a big wooden door. The house had about 15 windows in the front of it, was almost all glass.

"Yes, hand me your stuff." He said and grabbed my stuff roughly. I let go quickly and walked behind him, looking around with wonder.

"Mom! Find an extra room!" I heard Cain yell from the door and he set out stuff down gently. I heard bustling inside the house and gentle footsteps.

"Why..?" A beautiful women came out a door as I walked in. Her eyes turned to me with wonder and shock and she set her towel down. Cains jaw clenched and he nodded hesitantly, and he looked at me. My eye brows furrowed at his sunglasses.

"Mhmm well I'm Belle, Cains mother. And you are?" She asked with a smile, her hand outstretched towards me.

"Ivy," I said while laying my hand in hers. She gave me a firm shake and she turned to the stairs.

"Follow me, Ivy." She said, her eyes sparkling. I smiled and Cain took Caleb's hand. I looked at Cain and studied him carefully, then down to Caleb. Cain smiled and nodded and I looked back up to him. I turned my back to him and followed his mother, feeling his eyes follow me every step.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for how short it is, and for the late update. I just got out of the hospital so I'll try to update when I feel better :)

Please vote and comment anyway! I know this was a terrible chapter but I need your support :)

Thank you for waiting for me!

Stay beautiful/handsome!;)

Love ya :)