Chapter 16

Sorry for the late update!

-CAINS POV-

Her body laid limp in my arms, her dirty black hair swinging back and forth as I carried her. Tears rushed down my face and my body shook slightly.

Knowing that I had hurt her, knowing that I had hurt my mate made me want to reject her. I caused her pain, she's hurt because of me, because I couldn't be with her at every second, because I left her alone with no protection. But I was too selfish to reject her, I loved her.

I loved everything about her, the way she laughed, the way she glares at me when she's mad, when she fists her hands, when her nose scrunch up when she laughs, her flaws made her perfect, her sparkling eyes..

Emotions ran through my body, and the tears started to stop when felt her body move in my arms, her little groan of pain filling the silent air.

"Ivy?" I whispered and I felt her hand reach up to my chest and she fists my shirt.

"It hurts," She cried, her voice breaking.

"Where, beautiful?" I asked, ignoring the painful thump of my heart. The wind blew stronger and her cries grew louder.

"Ssh, were almost there. Please stop crying," I begged and her body shook in my arms. I walked quicker, twigs breaking under my feet and rocks dug in my feet. The air around us went colder, her body shaking more violently. I held her tighter, trying to get my warmth to warm her up. I looked down at her, her dark eye lashes brushed her cheeks, her face scrunched up in pain. She didn't make a sound but her hold on my shirt would tighten.

I walked faster as I saw lights shine through the trees, my heart thumped faster because I knew we were close.

My eyes squinted from the bright lights and my legs carried me faster to the door. I kicked the door open and looked around, where is everyone?

"Mom!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the house. I heard little shuffling and a door opened.

"Do you know what time it is?" I heard my moms voice.

"Help her, please." I begged and her eyes lowered to the person in my arms. She gasped and ran to me, tightening her robe.

"What happened? Lay her down." My mother instructed and I laid Ivy on the couch, her grasp till tight on my shirt.

"What happened, Cain?" My mother asked.

"Alec." I looked down at her, her eyes struggling to flutter open. I grabbed a wool blanket and laid it over her small, shaking body.

"I thought he was in a coma.." My mother mumbled. I looked back at her and she looked at me, biting her fingers.

"He's obviously not anymore." I snapped and a little sigh came from underneath me. I looked back down, but there was no difference in the way she was.

"Well figure this out tomorrow, we need to get her a doctor."

**

"She has 2 broken ribs, a fractured wrist, a punctured lung, and a sprained ankle." The pack doctor said after examining Ivy. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, I did this to her.

"She needs a lot of rest, she can't pick up anything, don't let her walk a lot. Do you understand? You may take her to your bed if you want, if you want to keep an eye on her." I nodded and the doctor turned around and closed the door.

"After you get her, you get some rest as well. You both need it." My mother said and went to kiss my cheek. I sat there and she sighed, then turned around and walked away.

I sat with my elbows on my knees and just stared at the door. I will never let her be by herself again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for such a late update and for the short chapter. I just wanted toget something out there since I haven't updated in awhile. Was on vacation :)

But please let me know your thoughts by commenting, or mailing me. Vote to let me know you liked the chapter :)

Love ya!;)

Stay beautiful/ handsome!