Chapter 27

GOAL : 50 votes, 3 comments.

Days passed by in a blur. They consisted of reading and resting - partly due to my gun wound. The new world I have been introduced to fascinated me. The science intrigued me. Books were starting to pile alongside my bedpost. Cain's friend produced more book that I can ever had requested. His dislike for me decreased, and was replaced with tolerance.

Me voicing out the love I had for Cain hadn't changed. My opinion on him stayed the same. The one thing that had changed was the atmospheres that surrounded Cain and I. Neither one of us voiced our thoughts on love, nor did anyone but us show interest in our love life.

My wound is healing faster than natural pace. The air was filled with thick tension, as if my wound meant something more than just an injury to my human body.

The books I kept busy with never gave me a full and intelligent answer. They explained the unique chromosome one must have to inherit this supernatural life. But not one book gave me a full answer on how one must achieve this. How is this chromosome made? Was this a type of disorder?

While these questions raced through my mind, I was interrupted when a warm hand touched my damp skin.

"Ivy."

I frowned and blinked once I saw the sunlight through the windows, "Is it morning already?"

A musical laugh erupted, "Have you been reading all night?" I yawned at his response and nodded my head. Maybe I was a touch obsessed with this gross topic.

"I'm okay, though. These books never give me a full answer." I frowned and added a book to my growing pile.

"Because we truly don't know who we are," he smiled and bent down to look in my tired eyes.

"It just doesn't make sense to me." I want to go home, Cain.

My thoughts were so loud. Caleb rushed back, Cain's parents laughter filled my head, his pack.

"Why don't you rest?" I immediately shook my head and made a move to rise out of bed. I slowly stood up and pulled on a dark green hoodie, "Let's take a walk."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face into my neck. "What's a mate?" I whispered and twirled in his arms. His arms tightened and his breathing unstable.

"Maybe I'll tell you that another time." He murmured and let go to grab my undamaged hand.

We walked through the glass front doors and I immediately let loose a happy sigh, "This is so wonderful."

"You're so beautiful," he smiled cheekily and tugged me along a trail.

"Oh, whatever." I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"How are you, really?" He asked as we neared a sparkling lake. I squeezed his hand,"I'm okay."

"Darling, we'll get through this."

But once those words escaped his lips, rusting and growls erupted behind us.

------------------

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BOOK,

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL:

She was beaten.

He was a ruthless Alpha. Or so he thought.

When he discovers her along a path, sleeping on a wooden bench, he feels the need to protect her from anything. Little has he heard that she was broken.

She dealt with her broken thoughts everyday. She deals with her PTSD and the bullying at her new school.

Little do they both know that they will need each other to fight against one thing that can conquer their species. They will build they love through a challenge.