Thirty-six36

Jahking*

I was sitting here just thinking and staring at Eisha while she slept. I got up and limped to my crutches. When I got on them, I went into ma room and sat on her bed.

"Don't just be busting in my room boy" she sat up.

"My bad, ma you think Eisha would say yes if I proposed to her?" I asked serious and she laughed for about 5 minutes.

"Okay boy listen, I'm sure she will but I don't think you ready for that type of commitment. Plus y'all both young as fuck still living with y'all parents. You're not proposing to her, not now at least" she shook her head.

"Mhm" I stared out her window.

"You can get her a promise ring" she shrugged.

"You gone take me?" I asked.

"Yeah let me get dressed real quick" she started getting up. "I hope you are too, because you not going with me nowhere looking like that. Hell mf no"

"Why you so mean to me?" I sucked my teeth. "But sooo nice to Eisha, I'm yo son"

"That's my baby though" she cheesed. "Now go on, leave her a note or something"

After we were done getting dressed and shit, we got in the car. "Where we going?" My mom asked

"We can go see what they got for the low at Walmart, I only got $50" I shrugged.

"I should... Jahking we not going to no damn Walmart. You need money fr? I'll loan you out yo allowance" she looked at like she wanted to slap me.

"I'm playing ma" I laughed. "I got money, been saving up for ... nevermind because you might get mad" I laughed

"Tell me" she rolled her eyes.

"All this money was was for you. To get you something, but yeah... I gotta you know"

"No I don't know" she opened her mouth. "Alright, I see how you do" she nodded

"Quit, you know how much money this?" I pulled it out. "Yeah, I'm gone have enough"

"Boy how- how long you been saving up?" She asked

"Like... 8 months now I think" I told her.

"Where yo child's money at?" She asked.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I got an interview at this lil basketball camp. It's open all year around and the hirer told me the job is mines because he's seen how good I was. I just had to get interviewed. You gotta take me though" I told her

"Okay, what time?"

"3:45 but yeah that's where my child's money is at. In them paychecks that's finna start coming in"

We pulled at Kay Jewelers and got out the car. My heart beating fast and this is the easy part.

Eisha*

Waking up to a note stuck on my dumb head I shook my head. He could've put it on the tv or something, I read it and it said that he went with his mom to his grandma's house.

I got up and stretched then sat back down. I wanna go home. I called my dad and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" He said sounding as if he was crying.
"You Okay?" I asked.
"Your mom asked for a divorce and she's moving to New Jersey to be with some man"
"You can't let her leave! What fucking man?" I asked not even caring that I cursed.
"Um, his name's weird I don't know but it's too late now. When we got back from the little getaway, she handed me the papers and said she had a flight to catch"
"This is some bullshit. Well I was just calling to let you know that I was staying with Jahking for a few days or did you need me at home?"
"No baby you're good, I was actually hoping you weren't calling for a ride because I need some alone time"

We talked for a little bit more then hung up. I was angry, sad, confused, everything. Why the fuck would you leave when you have a grandchild on the way? I don't know what the fuck to do with a baby.

Before I knew it I was crying. I swear if this was my room, everything would be broke right now. She gone miss my birthday tomorrow too, at this moment I hate her!

Jahking walked in and seen me crying so he sat next to me. "What's wrong with you?"

"My parents getting a divorce and my momma going to Jersey to be with a fucking man. Why the fuck would she leave me!" I asked angrily.

"Damn, just calm down" he wiped my face.

"How the fuck am I supposed to raise a baby without her?"

"You got me, my mom, your dad, yo friends. You got a lot of help Eisha you don't need her. I ain't mean to say it like that... but you know what I mean"

I laughed a little and nodded. "Drop me off at home so I can get some clothes?" I asked. He side eyed me and I looked down at his leg.

"Oh yeah my fault crippled" I laughed

He playfully pushed and I got on the bed on my knees. I started to give him a little massage because why not.
-

"Hey hoe" Yoni cheesed opening her door. I walked in and hugged her.

"O.M.G is that ManMan?" I asked and she nodded. "He got so big!"

"Girl he bad as fuck too"

"How old is he now 3?" I asked and she nodded once again. "ManMan" I called

"Huuuh" he complained. "What?" He asked annoyed.

"Oop-"

"I told you" Yoni laughed

"Nevermind, get yo bad ass out my face" I bucked at him

"I'm not bad ass hoe" he stuck out his tongue.

"I'm telling!" Yoni told him. "SOLAI! MANMAN DOWN HERE CUSSING!"

ManMan ran to the couch and laid down closing his eyes.

I know he not trying to fake sleep

Solai came downstairs with a flip flop and started to whoop him. "She don't play" Yoni laughed. "But me, I don't give a fuck they wanna cuss imma let them. When they start being disrespectful that's another story"

ManMan ran to me crying asking to be picked up. "I'm a hoe remember" I laughed

"Nooo" he pouted bouncing up and down.

"Look at my belly, it's too big. I can't" I told him and this lil mf kicked me.

Yoni grabbed him before he could run and kicked him. "Don't kick on my mf friend boy, go upstairs and get in the bed now before I call yo daddy"

"I'm telling TT on you" he cried crawling upstairs.

"I'll tell her for you the fuck"
————————
Excuse any mistakes!