Twenty-six26

Jahking*

"Some one of the babies survived right?" I asked the nurse when she came in to check on Eisha, who was asleep.

"Yes sir, and there shouldn't be any complications with your child or the mother. She's fine, but I recommend you be there for her because most mothers feel some type of guilt after a miscarriage"

I nodded. "I'll have her release papers ready by tonight also" she said leaving the room. I pulled my phone out and held Eisha hand taking a picture of our hands. Then I posted and tagged her.

About 35 minutes later she was waking up. "Finally, I was getting bored" I joked. She slightly smiled and turned on her side facing away from me. "Eisha" I called her name

"Hmm?" She sniffed. I pulled the car in front of her and looked at her crying.

"Stop crying" I wiped her face. "Look on the bright side, we still got one of our babies"

"But we lost one. What did I do wrong?" She cried

"You ain't did nothing baby, you can't go blaming yourself. My mom was supposed to have twins twice and lost one each time, because she just couldn't hold them"

"You not mad?" She asked

"Nah, why would I be mad?" I interlocked my hand with hers.

"I lost your baby" she closed her eyes trying not to cry.

"Eisha I'm not gone tell you again. Listen, I'm not mad and I love you! Smile, we still got one of them"

"But-"

"No buts" I cut her off getting annoyed. She sighed and grabbed the remote turning in the tv.

I wasn't necessarily mad, a little hurt yes. I'm not and can't be mad at her for something she had no control over. Overall I was just blessed we still got one baby.

Taylor*

I was home alone, since my mom worked late tonight and my dad ain't never been in my life. I was sitting on the couch watching the tv and eating my vanilla ice cream with cut up pieces of pickles mixed in.

There was a soft knock on the door and got up to open it. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Open the door" Desmond said. I rolled me eyes and opened the door. I went and sat back on the couch and he closed the locked the door.

"Wassup?" I asked him.

"I wanna be in my kid's life"

"Just yesterday you was saying fuck this baby" I laughed "I'm not about to keep going back and forth with you Desmond, I want my baby to be good and you coming in and out his or her life ain't finna work" I explained

"I'm gone be here" he smacked his lips

"Nah actions speak better than words. You gone have to show me" I shrugged

He came hovering over me. "I'm trynna watch tv, move to y'all ass" I pushed him over a little.

He grabbed by my neck and started choking me. I tried to get his hand loose, but I couldn't. I grabbed his dick and squeezed and twisted it. "Augh!" He let me go and I ran to my moms room.

I closed and locked the door. He started banging I. The door and yelling at me. "DESMOND STOP!" I cried. "WHAT THE HELL WRONG WITH YOU?"

"I WANNA BE AROUND MY BABY TAY!" He banged harder

"AND YOU CAN!" I said fearfully. "PLEASE LEAVE" I cried.

He kicked the door and created a hole in the door. I ran to my mom's nightstand and pulled out her gun pointing it towards the door. Then I called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The operator answered
"He's real mad and I'm scared, I don't know what he's gonna do" I cried

"Bitch is you on the phone with the opps?" He yelled kicking another hole.

"Desmond Stop!" I screamed as tears ran my face. I put the phone on speaker and both hands on the gun.

"Ma'am who is he? And where are you" she asked
"It's my baby daddy" I cried "9305... street" I gave them my address
"I'm sending a car over right now. Stay on the phone" I heard typing on her keyboard
"I will shoot him, y'all better hurry the fuck up!" I screamed

"Shoot me bitch!" Desmond yelled finally kicking down the door.

"DESMOND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed following him with the gun.

"You gone shoot me? Bitch shoot me" he walked closer unfazed until he was standing directly in front of me.

"Sir can you hear me?" The operator asked him

He knocked the gun out my hand and pushed me down. "Desmond our baby!" I screamed trying to make him feel at least a little sympathy.

"Fuck you and yo kid" he climbed on me choking me once again.

I saw the gun and reached for it as it got hard to breathe. I finally had it and had no choice but to shoot him. He fell over and I tried catching my breathe but it was hard because I was in shock and just choked out.

I killed him

I just killed somebody... I can't go to jail.

"Ma'am" the operator repeated a good ten times but I couldn't talk.

I started to hear sirens and came back to reality. The bust in the room and I still had the gun in my hand, so they told me to drop the weapon. I did and raised my hands in the air.

They cuffed me and pulled me out the room, but I just couldn't keep my eyes off Desmond's body laying there lifeless.
———————
Excuse any mistakes, I was typing fast. It's probably a whole lot!