Forty-four44

Jahking*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Nala and Eisha jumped on the bed bed waking me up. I gave a small smile a stretched a bit before rising up.

"Thanks"

"Ew, that was dry as hell. We take our birthday wishes back, come on" Eisha reached for Nala.

"Shut up" I laughed getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

"I made you some breakfast, when you make yo plate make Nala's. I gotta go before I be late" Eisha said going in the opposite direction as me.

"Wait, you can't get the day off?" I asked with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"No, everybody was acting like they couldn't cover for me today" she said as her voice got harder to hear every other word.

I tried to hurry up, but by the time I was done she was gone.

How she gone leave me on my day?

"Butt!" I called Nala from out her room. She stomped into the kitchen with a mug on her face. "What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Only mommy call me that. Period" she rolled her eyes.

"You gone quit talking like that or I'm gone whoop yo mf ass" I told her fixing our plates.

"And my mommy gone beat you up" she rolled her neck.

"Nala shut the hell up and sit down" I placed her food down.

"I don't have to!" She placed her hands on her hips.

"1"

"2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11-"

"That's why yo ugly ass skipping numbers" I bucked at her.

"AND!?" She yelled rolling her neck again.

"Alright, I'm done playing with yo ass. Sit the fuck down and eat this food before I whoop you"

She looked at me unbothered, so I reached for her pulling her to me and then popped her twice. "Sit yo ass down" I pointed to the chair.

She started crying and sat down. I felt bad, but she wasn't about to talk to me any type of way.

"I gone tell my mommy on you!" She picked at her food.

"But Nala it's my birthday"

"I don't care!" She cried. "I telling my Grammy too"

"Gone 'head. Imma pop them just like I did you" I laughed she mugged me with tears in her eyes. "Okay Come here mamas"

She climbed out her chair and walked to me climbing on my lap. She laid her head on my chest and I patted her back. "You not hungry?" I asked.

She shook her head no and I raised her up. I kissed her forehead and looked at her, "I love you and daddy sorry for hitting you, but when I tell you to do something you need to listen okay?"

"K" she mumbled.

"Go play"
-

"Bitch why you so boring and what the hell- is that water?" Solai asked Magic.

"Girl yes and because I got a huge ass headache" she replied.

"Leave my baby alone" Chris walked over to them and they began to playfully argue.

Eisha slowly moved around on my lap and looked at me biting her bottom lip. "Chill" I held her waist stopping her.

"Let's go home" she whispered.