The One With The Undaggered Original

Start from the beginning

It took a few tries but after the third yank, the dagger finally and thankfully flew out of Elijah's chest - which ultimately caused for Emily to fall flat on her ass. The human girl huffed out a sigh when she felt herself hit the hard and dirty ground before she tiredly lifted her body up. Emily then dusted off the dark dirt from her black leggings before she moved her green eyes back to Elijah's body.

Emily frowned as she stared down at Elijah as she noticed the original's body still looked dead. The human girl honestly didn't know how long it would take for Elijah to wake up from his temporarily death - which made Emily a tad bit nervous. Emily thought that she would wake Elijah and get him out of the boarding house to talk away from her bodyguards, so she definitely didn't take in the account that she would have to wait for him to wake from his slumber.

The Gilbert girl couldn't help but begin to pace the small cell in the Salvatore basement after only two minutes of holding the dagger in her hand. The waiting game made Emily anxious and nervous about basically everything that has happened lately as it gave her time to actually think for once. Emily didn't even really have a plan for what she was going to say to Elijah when she only made the decision to wake him up last night after Bonnie was hurt by Klaus.

The human girl was just tired of everyone that she loves getting hurt because of the sacrifice and because of who she is, so Emily knew that Elijah was her only option in protecting them all like he had done before he was daggered. Emily also knew Elijah was the one person that she needed right now because of the letter Katherine sent to her - which was currently resting in her black purse - as the Petrova vampire mentioned that Elijah is the key for her to survive.

Emily honestly didn't know how Elijah was the key to keeping her alive when the last two doppelgangers died with him around but the human girl just felt like she could trust that the original did actually have the answer. The Gilbert girl figured that had something to do with the connection that she always feels around Elijah - thanks to whatever relationship that her doppelganger and the original had together. Emily still didn't understand the whole connection thing but she knew Elijah and Darina obviously cared a lot for one another and Emily figured that was why she trusted and felt something towards the original.

The running thoughts going wild through the human doppelganger's mind, however, was soon interrupted before Emily could think any further about the sacrifice or the doppelganger connection as there was suddenly a loud gasp that definitely didn't come from her. Emily swiftly snapped her head up from the dagger that she was twirling in her hands at the noise before her green eyes immediately widened when she noticed that Elijah was gasping and thrashing around the cot as he began to wake from his temporary death.

The human doppelganger quickly dropped the dagger to the ground before she quickly rushed towards Elijah's body as she could feel that something wasn't right. Emily was honestly a few minutes away from panicking as she didn't know how she was supposed to help. Emily did know how to comfort someone, though, so she tried to do that as she placed her hand down onto Elijah's chest to, hopefully, stop his thrashing around.

Emily released a thankful sigh when the original pointed his brown erratic irises in her direction and stopped moving - except for the loud gasps coming from his mouth. The human girl gave Elijah a small assuring smile as she tried to help him relax from whatever the hell was happening to him. "Elijah," Emily gently murmured as she lightly rubbed his chest before she offered the original some comfort to calm him, "hey, you gotta relax. You're okay."

However, the Gilbert girl didn't get the reaction that she thought she would from her dazzling comforting skills. Instead, Elijah stared directly into her green eyes with his brown irises widened with a mixture of shock and adoration. The original was still gasping for air while his body slowly turned back to its normal color before Elijah opened his mouth and uttered his first words since he had been awake from his temporary death, "Darina!"