Still got it ⭐️ Sam Wilson

Start from the beginning

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'Hey y/n, you free tomorrow?' Steve asks leaning against the bar.

'You know I am Rogers, it's Saturday tomorrow...course I'm free...' you chuckle wiping the counter with a rag.

'Cool, I need a plus one to a Stark party and because Tony loves you for some reason, he asked me to ask you to come as my plus one because he doesn't trust me...'

'Oh I wonder why...' you chuckle.

'So you'll come with me?'

'Sure why not..' you drape the rag over your shoulder as you tap the counter a few times.

'I'll pick you up at 9...'

'Sounds good..'

'Oh and I have a friend who's also coming tomorrow who I'd like you to meet, you're just his type...' Steve grins.

'Oh So now you're the wingman?, where were you last week?' You joke.

'You're gonna love him...I promise...'

'We will see about that...' you ruffle his hair as you take his empty beer bottle away and you toss him another one.

'There she is!' Tony yells as he rushes to give you a hug.

'You know Tony, if you like my company you can just invite me yourself...' you chuckle as you hug him.

'I would but I don't know your number and Steve here is the only one you've told where you work so...'

'Fair point, I'll leave my number with Pepper tonight...' you promise him.

'Let's go y/n, I want to introduce you to that friend I was talking about...'

'Sure...I'll come find you later Stark...' you get pulled by your hand and you try to keep up with Steve.

'Steve, dude calm down...I have heels on I'm not as fast as you are!' You shriek.

'Hey man!, oh hey y/n!' Bucky greets you and you smile and wave at him. 

'Hey Buck...hows it going?' You ask.

'Good good, what about you?'

'Felt like a tan a marathon from the door till here because SOMEONE...was excited to introduce me to someone...' you glare at Steve.

Steve turns to the other man and you freeze when you recognise him.

'Y/n...this is-'

'Sam?' You ask surprised.

'Y/n?' He replies just as surprised.

'You know each other?' Steve asks confused and you both nod while you stare at each other.

'We went to the same high school...'

'And we hooked up a couple of times in college...' Sam proudly says and you roll your eyes.

'If that's what you call hooking up..' you look at your nails and Bucky starts to grin.

'Implying something y/n/n?' He calls you by the nickname you absolutely despise. That nickname was made up by the entire school and it still bugs you.

'No...not per se...just that your ego is bigger than your-'

'Okay y/n...enough...' Steve stops you before you can say the last word.

Bucky is already on the floor laughing his ass off at Sam's face. You roasting him just makes his evening.

'I'm gonna get a drink...' you groan annoyed.

'I owe you an apology..' Sams voice reaches your ears and you sigh as you place your drink in front of you.

You turn to him and he sits down on the stool next to yours.

'I owe you more than an apology, but I'm sorry...for everything...'

'I don't give a damn about your apology Sam...' you reply cold.

'Riley needed me and...'

'You know who else needed you? Sam? I did...when I was standing in front of that casket I needed someone to hold my hand..I needed someone beside me...and you weren't there...'

'You didn't tell them about what happened after college...why?' He asks.

'Because maybe I'm trying to forget it myself?, have you even thought about that?'

'Hey Sam!, you haven't been returning my calls!' A complete stranger says interrupting you two.

'Yeah he's pretty good at that...' you slide off of the stool and walk away to the balcony.

Sam got on your tail, making you even more mad and annoyed than you already were.

'Sam give up already!' You stop and turn around. 

'Not until you accept my apology y/n...'

'Fine! Apology accepted now please leave me alone!' You yell. 

'You don't mean it...what's the matter with you?'

'Me?!, what's the matter with me?!, I'm sorry did I leave you right at the time you needed me the most?, no of course not!, so the real question is, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!' You're panting from pure rage.

Sam is taken aback by the tone in your voice, he has never seen you this angry before and you have every right to be this angry at him.

'Do you have any idea what it did to me?, you leaving together with Riley?, leaving me with a flag for a dad...'

'No, I don't have any idea because I'm an ignorant son of a bitch, I'm a jerk, and you're right...'

'Do you know how scared I've been?, my dad went there as a soldier and came back as the American flag...and you being send to the same location...I was so afraid to lose another person...' your rage is now replaced with sadness as you think back to that time.

'I know and I'm sorry...' he replies stepping closer to you.

'You really hurt me Wilson...' you speak up when he wraps his arms around you.

'I know...' he whispers.

'You think it's gonna work between them?' Bucky asks Steve as they're looking at you two.

'Probably not, I've never seen her so angry in my life before and it kind of scares me to be honest..' Steve replies.

'They're hugging now...and now they're...Oh my god..' Bucky's mouth falls open when he sees you two kissing.

'Okay I need to know how he goes from making her angry and then get her to kiss him...'

'I'm gonna throw up...'

'Damn it...I wanted to do that with her...' Tony says standing next to Steve...'

'No offence Tony but You wouldn't be able to handle her...'

'Offence totally taken...'

'Sorry I just....' Sam pulls back.

'No no no, don't go crawling back now Wilson...' you catch your breath.

'I still need to hear you say it...'

'Apology accepted...'