Chapter 10

Myrnin's POV

I have finished feeding my pet when I hear footsteps and a heartbeat coming closer. Then a little girl appears.

"Hello. Who might you be?" I asked curiously.

"Sarah Jane. Who are you?" She asked. I remembered a time when I was in a meeting with Amelie and Michael came in. He said Sarah Jane.

"Are you the child from the Court room?" I asked.

"I was small then. Everyone was just discovering about me." She said.

"My my, you do grow fast. How old are you now?" I asked. She seemed to be only a baby a few days ago.

"5." She said. "But I guess my body hasn't caught up with my age." She said.

"5 years? How long ago was you an infant?" I asked. 5 years have not passed; or maybe they have I just haven't been paying attention.

"About a week and 5 days." Sarah Jane said. She shrugged. "Give or take."

I blinked. "You do grow fast."

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Myrnin, my dear. I am a friend of Amelie's." I said bowing slightly.

"Wow. I know her! She's my mom. She found me one day on her doorstep and took care of me. She's very nice." She said. I didn't say anything for a moment then cleared my throat.

"So your her daughter in a way?" I asked. She nodded. "Right... She never told me that." Come to think of it she never tells me anything. "Well, would you like to see my pet?" I asked. Sarah Jane nodded. I went to go and fetch him. I came back and she was looking at the beakers. "Here." I said. She looked up and jumped.

"Oh my god... Um... I don't really like them. To be honest with you. They are the demon back where I live." She said backing away.

"The demon?" I asked quite confused.

"Yes. They eat us and once made us slaves. My people defeated them though. They are not around anymore." She said.

"I have never heard that tale, my dear. Here just hold him; he's not a demon." I said taking a step towards her. A flash momentarily blinded me and my pet had gone. I looked for my pet everywhere then found my pet barely alive. I put my pet back in the cage.

I came back out. "What was that?!"

"I am sorry I was scared. I didn't mean to. Sometimes I get scared and stuff happens." Sarah Jane said. I blinked away the after image once it had gone I stepped up to her.

"Can I see?" I asked for her hand. She held her hand out and a red sparking ball of what I could call power appeared. I touched it and it disappeared. I held my arm. It hurt.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"A distant planet. I guess they wanted to protect me so they brought here." Sarah Jane said.

"Which planet?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know... Exactly. We travel." Sarah Jane said. "I do remember just do not know the name. I don't think it has a name."

"So you came here?" I asked.

"It's isolated." She shrugged and went to look around.

"Yes it is. One moment." I said going to another part of my lab. I looked at my arm to see what was causing the pain but there was nothing there. Just slight blood specks from somewhere I can't remember. I ripped open my sleeve and there is this strange symbol with circles and wavy lines and dots. I don't recognise it but it must have happened when I touched the power ball. I got a knife and sliced open my arms on the symbol and blood poured out then healed. The symbol stayed intact. "Oh my..." I said to myself. I also noted my blood was a little lighter. I sliced my arm again. The blood poured out dark then went lighter and the symbol stayed intact. I sighed and went out to the little girl.