Chapter 27

Apologies for the wait, I had pretty much forgotten about this story... I couldn't figure out where to take it but I've since had inspiration from  apolla_strom76 so thanks! :D

There won't be many chapters of this left, then maybe if I get ideas for a sequel I will write it if anyone wants it :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah Jane POV

I will get Amelie to notice me. I just need to find the right thing. But right now I needed somewhere to stay.

I thought about knocking on the door of the Glass House, but I know they were still a bit wary of my power. They said they fine with it, but I didn't want to destroy anything of there's if I get angry or anything.

Myrnin's lab wasn't an option; even though he would jump at the chance of me staying with him. It was more to do with his pet... It still resembled the demons on my world and possibly seeing it again would cause something bad to happen.

So it was the ship that took me home and brought me back. It had everything I needed and was parked just outside of Morganville.

It was night time and as I made my way back, I passed Claire who was just leaving Common Grounds.

"Hey Sarah Jane. Where are you going?"

"Back to my ship. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, I'm just gonna stay there for a bit."

"You could come back to the Glass House. We have plenty of room and no-one would mind."

"No, it's okay. The ship has what I need and I don't want to keep making trips."

"It's none of my business but what do you need? Are you planning something? I could help if you want." Claire adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

It was clear that Amelie had a connection with Claire so maybe she could be useful. "I know that Amelie likes you, but if say you did something and she, like pretended you didn't exist what would you do to get her to notice you again?"

"Um... Well she wouldn't want me to put myself in any danger, so I guess she would rescue me or something then... But I don't know her well enough to know for certain. Or if I went to her with a plan that was dangerous, maybe she would care enough to tell me not to do it."

"Hmm... When has she rescued you from danger? Or said a plan is too dangerous?"

"Um... why? What are you going to do?"

"I just want to know my mother better. A little research won't hurt anyone, right?"

"I guess." Claire looked at the ground for a moment.

"So...?"

"Well there was this time when I went to a party and these frat guys crashed it and killed some vampires. I... accidentally killed one... but it was self defense. Oliver didn't think so but Amelie agreed with me."

"What happened?"

"She told me that I could work with Myrnin on fixing the machine that maintained the barrier around town or have someone else be locked in the cage in Founder's Square in my place."

"I'm glad they took down the cage."

"Me too."

"Okay, that's all I wanted to know. Make sure you have dinner tonight. Living off snacks isn't a good idea for your energy."

"How did... Never mind. Good luck with your research." Claire sighed and crossed the street heading back to the house.

I always wondered if they found my psychic ability creepy.