Chapter 17

Amelie's Point of View

I had left Sarah Jane at the house saying and making her promise she won't leave the house. Then I got into my limousine and drove to the Glass House. I had hoped Claire had got it wrong about who was there, but I knew better than to hope. Someone had left Sarah Jane on my doorstep all those years ago and someone was going to pick her up again. Maybe they should have left her with someone else. When I thought of Sarah Jane not being there, I just felt an empty feeling. Like I had with Samuel but that was a worse.

The car pulled up at the Glass House and I got out and went through the door, which my guard kicked open for me. I went upstairs where I heard voices and saw in Claire's room, a man strangling Claire.

"Put her down. Now." I commanded. The man turned around and dropped Claire.

"You are the Founder Claire talks about." The man said.

"Yes and you have not made a good impression. You are a visitor in my town and I do not appreciate you strangling my residents." I stared him in the eyes and he dropped his to the ground.

"I am looking for a child that came here. The Mainframe detected a spike in sonic activity. She is in this town." The man said.

"What's your name?" I asked. I figured I should get names out of the way.

"Seth. What is yours?" He asked.

"You just call me the Founder. Where are you going to take her, once you found her?" I asked.

"She will go back to her planet, where she will learn to control her powers and help in the... conflict." Anton said. I felt a rush of anger, but kept my face neutral.

"The child is not a weapon. If that is just her purpose, then you will never find her. She's stays here." I said. Seth looked up. His eyes seemed to be yellow turning to a sort of red colour.

"That is not her only purpose. She does not belong on this world, she was born on her planet and she will go back there." He said.

"And what happens when this conflict is over?" I asked.

"She has a normal life. She will grow and learn to control her powers and emotions. She is not just a means to end the conflict." Seth said. I glanced at Claire who was sitting on the bed, still catching her breath.

"Have you revealed her location?" I asked. Claire shook her head.

"I just told him to wait till you got here." She said between breaths. I stared back at Seth.

"What if she doesn't want to go? She has made friends here and she has an attraction to me." I said. Seth took a breath.

"She has to. We could take her without her freely coming, but we want to avoid that." He said. My eyes went red.

"Well she is not going with you. She has a particular friendship with Myrnin and she lives with me. I doubt she would want to leave." I said.

"She could come and visit. But I don't think it would be good, because it takes a few Earth years at most to travel between planets." Seth said.

"She's not leaving." I said quietly. Just then my phone rang. I glanced at it and it was an unregistered number. "Hello? Who is it?"

"Amelie, It's Myrnin. I have Sarah Jane in one of the warehouses on the edge on the town. Some people maybe her own people, were trying to take her away." I glared at Seth, but he didn't shift. I should have thought Sarah Jane would not stay still.

"Where was she?" I asked.

"Well I didn't influence any decisions since I wasn't there-" I don't have time for this.

"Where. Was. She?" I asked again.

"She was at the coffee place from what I can smell. Then I found her in the alleyway and she did the power thing then passed out." Myrnin said. I sighed. This is why I kept her in. She could get herself in a coma if she didn't stop this.

"Leave her with a note and come meet me at my office." I said and hung up.

"You know where she is?" Seth asked.

"No I don't and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. You would just go there and take her while she slept." I said. "Go back to your friends and tell them the child does not leave until she has made her decision. Then come to my office in Founder's Square. Claire come with me." I said. Claire hastily got on more clothes and her shoes then hurried to catch up.

Sarah Jane's Point of View

I woke in what I thought was a house, then I saw the different stuff in here then warehouse came to mind. I sat up and saw a note and picked it up.

Sarah-Jane this is Myrnin. I saw you confront the people in the alleyway before you passed out and I brought you here to maybe keep you safe. When you wake up I shall be with your mom figuring out something but you have to stay here unless you want to be kidnapped and taken back to your planet. If they find you are intelligent enough, so try to hide. I have left you paper so you can draw.

- Myrnin

Then it all started coming back to me. The alleyway, Lisa and the others trying to get me on their ship and take me back. But I don't want to go back. Myrnin is my friend, Amelie's my mother and the Glass House is nice enough. I got up and felt a little dizzy. I then realised I am very high up off the ground. I looked around and there was no ladder or wooden leg to slide down, if they found me in here. Myrnin said to use my brain, but I wasn't sure I could get down without either breaking a few bones or killing myself. I sighed and sat back down, carefully since I had no way of knowing how far the wood was from becoming life threatening.

I picked up the drawing pad and pencils, Myrnin had left and draw the warehouse. When I had finished I went to colour in and the colours were on a life-threatening part of the wood. I inched towards the pencils mentally telling Myrnin off, for thinking I was as light as a feather. The floor creaked, so I just reached across and managed to grab the first 3 pencils and then edged away. At least I had some colours.

Once I had finished partly colouring in the drawing, I heard voices and froze.

"Didn't she at least hint to where she might be?" A female voice said.

"No," a male voice replied. "All I got was house, but I don't think she is in any of the houses humans live in and vampires wouldn't accommodate her."

"Well, maybe not a human house just something that looks like a house." The female said. It wasn't Amelie, I was very sure of that.

"So what did she mean?" The male asked.

"I don't know I will figure it out." The female said. I heard beeping then the female sighed. "I don't think there is anything in here. Check back with the Mainframe and come back if you find out anything." The female said.

"Yes, Leader." Leader. The Lisa woman had said she was a Leader. I heard her walking away and felt I could breathe again. I decided to get cosy, if I was going to be here a while. I drew some pictures of Amelie, Myrnin, Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael then coloured them in. I started to regret leaving the house. Maybe I would still be there and be playing with toys and waiting for Amelie to get back.

Or they could have found me and taken me away against my will, never to see anyone from Earth again. It's getting cold in here. I hope Myrnin or Amelie comes back soon.

********************

Review/comment please! Peace!